Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cottee scoring two to get a draw against the RS is some sort of achievement, it just shows how low the standard of our fans expectations have declined

I like you, you're funny.

00ca1c20c728dc45bbe5669b11c7837a75956e58f02650606434c3fdee28c7d6.jpg

Lukaku on 4 now from 9 games. Not bad from a player thought to be in a drought and playing badly.

He's been pissed about all season with the roles given him and the space he'd normally take up being crowded by Naismith.

He needs Barkley and he needs Mirallas and he needs everyone sticking to the script and not charging about in free roles getting in the way.

We look a mess at times this season, even when we win we look a bit stuttering and disjointed. We need the type of order and shape we had last season.

I assume the post about only Aguero, Suarez and RVP having scored more goals since 2012/13 than Rom has been put up?
36 Premier League goals in 74 games.

Fantastic record which speaks for itself.

If people cant see his link up play is getting better then I pity them as I assume they are a) blind or b) deep rooted in hate/dislike towards the guy.
He is also only 21 and absolutely loves playing for the club.

Did anyone see him sprint off the bench when Etoo bagged the third? Fantastic team player, loves the club, dedicated to getting better and scares the hell out of the opposing teams.

£28million will be an absolute bargain.

Boss Blue, why have you forgot the Europa League games, did he not play in them.
I never brought up Cottee, other posters did
Surprised you're still posting after @Eric Djemba-Djemba shot you down lid.

I have not forgotten the Europa League games but your earlier post said (and I quote):

Its actually 4 in the last 9 not 6
West Brom, Palace, Villa and Burnley.

So we are discussing goals scored in the league are we not?

Also, in the spirit of pedantry, I do believe it was your good self that brought up Cottee first

Reminds me of Cottee who scored 99 Goals for Everton but never once did it in a big game of any importance

Roydo, brought up the point that Cottee scored two against the RS to grab us a draw, not me, check the posts, its him that thinks he is a hero, not me

Roydo, brought up the point that Cottee scored two against the RS to grab us a draw, not me, check the posts, its him that thinks he is a hero, not me

You said "Reminds of Cottee who scored 99 times for Everton, but never in a big game" Pretty much that anyrate. I would say 2 equalisers in a cup match against that lot is a big game. Well ant match against them come to that.

But for what its worth, I too get frustrated by Roms touch, passing etc at times, but his actual strike record is pretty flaming good. Better than I realised if I am honest. The fee was toppish, for sure, but dont really understand your apparent disdain for his goal scoring.

Touch was woeful today but leave the others have the touches. Osman has a nice touch but When he shoots the ball just kinda dribbles along towards the keeper at 5 miles an hour (ye know wha I'm talking bout) We paid for goals and he will always deliver on that. He will score 15 plus every season and if he can click he will score 20 plus every season. He annoys me sometimes acting like he is victor anchiebe (spell) but try to find another player who would come to EFC that can slot 15 plus every season. You won't. If you think you can where have they been for 20 plus years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back