Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
set up to try and not get battered.

get battered.

we are at the stage now as a club were we are just utterty pointless.

myself and i'd guess MOST of our fanbase genuinely dislike a good 80% of the squad, the manager and the whole club.

last few years i've found myself hating the club more and more but this season with that fat dog in charge i genuinelly hate the club at the minute.
You can't polish a turd, we all knew it wasn't going to be pretty today.

Really poor performance, outside of maybe 1-2 players, the rest couldn’t be arsed. Sick to my back teeth of them, injuries are no excuse for a poor set up and lazy defending. Still don’t believe we’ll be in trouble but Benitez isn’t the one to try and pull us out of it, other managers this season have been sacked for as bad or worse runs of form
If you cant score and cant defend then there is usually only one outcome .. need to quickly improve in at least one of those areas

This FFP garbage is just making the bigger teams go further and further away from the rest that it is becoming ridiculous. No way medium sized clubs can catch and compete over several years with the riches and basically unlimited spending of the bigger clubs. Like me owning a corner shop hoping to compete with Tesco.

Benitez continues to surprise me with his substitutes. A midfield player off replaced by a centre forward, for want of a better description, who can neither run, nor control a football. What on earth was the point while we are getting the pish taken out of us by a City team who were playing mostly at walking pace.

Never mind all the expected loss horlicks, that was dire. I still think there are 3 worse teams than us in the league, but, I'm getting a little worried now.

Given the injuries and relative quality of the players, did anyone really expect us to win today? If we tried to attack them, we would be torn apart. It’s not pretty but we are trying our best to limit the damage. Sure it’s frustrating but Pep himself wouldn’t get much of a performance from this team. In fact there is no player on this team that Guardiola would want in a team.
Last season they were champions and we were 10th. We “strengthened” in the summer by spending nothing (in fact a negative £12 million). The gap is still at least 9 places.

No, but a bit of passion, commitment, getting stuck in, actually looking arsed instead of rolling over for them wouldn't have gone amiss.

Well we were never going to win today but at what point do we discuss the 'R' word? For me this is the weakest and most susceptible to relegation we have looked for a very long time.

Yes some of the issues are down to injuries and it's not all on Benitez. But we are in real trouble imo. Can't see a win and maybe 1 draw at best in our next 6. If that comes to pass we'll likely be in the drop zone come Xmas.

Seemingly no money to spend in January and a team in a downward spiral, players back to fitness or not does not bode well for the second half of the season. Even if we don't drop this year, it's hard not to rule it out for the year after - as our squad will be even older and it would be impossible to address all our needs in one summer even if there were no FFP restrictions.

Starting to have a major whiff of the Sunderlands about us tbh.

This FFP garbage is just making the bigger teams go further and further away from the rest that it is becoming ridiculous. No way medium sized clubs can catch and compete over several years with the riches and basically unlimited spending of the bigger clubs. Like me owning a corner shop hoping to compete with Tesco.

It’s our own fault considering what’s been spent on who. The decision making collectively within the club hasn’t been a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.