Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll hopefully improve when our injured players get back but that doesn't mean they and others still wont get injured during the rest of the season. Squad is paper thin in quality.

That was gutless from both players and manager.
Im just sick to the back teeth of our whole set up atm, the majority of the players on show dont epitomise what our club 'should' be.

I'd happily get rid of:
Iwobi - anything north of £5m
Rondon - free
Digne - anythin above £20m id drive him
Keane - £10m
Holgate, Kenny - £10m for two
Allan - £8m
Mina - £15m
Begovic and Lonergan - free
Coleman - free
Davies - £8m
Gbamin - free

And lose the wasters whos contracts are up in summer.

Be left with Pickford, Doucs, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Richy (though he'll want away) and Dom.

Bring Simms and Onyango into the squad permanently and use them.

Then build a squad of young hungry players brought up from lower levels, that arent bottle jobs.

Wouldnt really bother me if we were consistently bottom half until we sorted it out.

Protest "Gray" vote as Onyango wasn't an option. Could not bring myself to vote for any of them. I know Citeh are good but we are an absolute shambles.

It’s our own fault considering what’s been spent on who. The decision making collectively within the club hasn’t been a positive.
Agreed our spending has been poor but if we have money still then at least we should be allowed to spend as we wish. Chelsea and Man City were afforded that luxury that turned them into big teams with no penalties and now it isn't allowed. They grow and the rest just try and hang in there.

Benitez continues to surprise me with his substitutes. A midfield player off replaced by a centre forward, for want of a better description, who can neither run, nor control a football. What on earth was the point while we are getting the pish taken out of us by a City team who were playing mostly at walking pace.

Never mind all the expected loss horlicks, that was dire. I still think there are 3 worse teams than us in the league, but, I'm getting a little worried now.

I am stuggling to think of three worse, more lifeless teams than us right now ?

Disciplined enough.

Two moments of genius just kicked us in the balls.

A full fit team and we're 6th-10th.

A few injuries and we're 10th-16th.

It is what it is.

Disagree with some of that. Thought we showed them too much respect, not enough pressure on them when they were in possession and we used the ball like a hot potato time and time again. It was like a training session for them.

They are a great side and we are not , we can however use that ball better than that and show a bit more fight.

That was gutless from both players and manager.
Im just sick to the back teeth of our whole set up atm, the majority of the players on show dont epitomise what our club 'should' be.

I'd happily get rid of:
Iwobi - anything north of £5m
Rondon - free
Digne - anythin above £20m id drive him
Keane - £10m
Holgate, Kenny - £10m for two
Allan - £8m
Mina - £15m
Begovic and Lonergan - free
Coleman - free
Davies - £8m
Gbamin - free

And lose the wasters whos contracts are up in summer.

Be left with Pickford, Doucs, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Richy (though he'll want away) and Dom.

Bring Simms and Onyango into the squad permanently and use them.

Then build a squad of young hungry players brought up from lower levels, that arent bottle jobs.

Wouldnt really bother me if we were consistently bottom half until we sorted it out.
Think you made a typo there by including that extra "m" at the end for Iwobi

Disciplined enough.

Two moments of genius just kicked us in the balls.

A full fit team and we're 6th-10th.

A few injuries and we're 10th-16th.

It is what it is.
Those first two goals -yes I know technically all goals can be avoided-would be good enough to win any game .Today was like going to the opera ,you know who the villain is and you know the outcome and the hero always wins . I just didn't expect a chorus singer to be better than our seasoned pros.
Correct it is what it is .
Saying that this is the worse team in posession I have the displeasure to remember in a blue shirt .

Mate we haven't even given this a go it's pathetic. City are too good to allow this amount possession, they were always going to score soon enough. Give it a bit of a go. Otherwise just don't even play the match and forfeit the points.

What would "give it a go" mean or look like? Rondon and Richy up top? Iwobi and Townsend up top? Just Delph in midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.