Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10 of those players have come and gone the current squad cost about half of that.
I think @Cool_Blue is emphasising, "It's criminal", is because, of that squad, ten have departed because they were absolute jokes. (Forgive me for butting in @Cool_Blue).
£530mill spent, and about £23 recouped, because nobody really wanted them. Teams could bide their time waiting for a 'fire sale', or a freebee, while all the time we had massive wage bills for these tossers, with unbelievable contracts, and were desperate to be shut. Every club knew. We were hamstrung.
Irrespective of what this current squad is valued at, they are not worth either the fees paid, and certainly not the wages paid, with the exception of four or five players.
The 'criminal' part to my mind has been in the 'running' of this club for FAR too long.
Apologies @Rollo Tomassi for this is not a dig at you or your statement as to the cost of the squad, more a reflection of what it has cost, in real terms, to have a squad of players inferior to when the spending actually started . So much money over such a elongated period and lessons have yet to be seen to have been learned.

I think @Cool_Blue is emphasising, "It's criminal", is because, of that squad, ten have departed because they were absolute jokes. (Forgive me for butting in @Cool_Blue).
£530mill spent, and about £23 recouped, because nobody really wanted them. Teams could bide their time waiting for a 'fire sale', or a freebee, while all the time we had massive wage bills for these tossers, with unbelievable contracts, and were desperate to be shut. Every club knew. We were hamstrung.
Irrespective of what this current squad is valued at, they are not worth either the fees paid, and certainly not the wages paid, with the exception of four or five players.
The 'criminal' part to my mind has been in the 'running' of this club for FAR too long.
Apologies @Rollo Tomassi for this is not a dig at you or your statement as to the cost of the squad, more a reflection of what it has cost, in real terms, to have a squad of players inferior to when the spending actually started . So much money over such a elongated period and lessons have yet to be seen to have been learned.
No problem mate I know we have wasted money but the current squad isn't as bad as people make out in terms of money spent that's the point i was making. Criminal is an apt word particularly when it comes to what Koeman did with the money if you ask me.

Don't think they'll be looking for the same calibre of manager as us.

Its been 2 days as well tbf
We've had no trouble attracting high profile managers, and they've been disappointing anyway, at both clubs.

I can't think of any big name managers who are looking for job at the mo.

There are a few….
Zidane
Farve
Fonseca
Valverde
Zidane doesn't speak English and doesn't want to come to England according to French pundits I hear. I don't know who Farve is
but him and the other two might be a chance if our current manager doesn't turn things around soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.