2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands is right to underline the need for patience, but rule number one at this club is you give that lot nothing.
Agreed @davek Why the need to reference the RS at all? They are no barometer of what we are trying to achieve. Give the odd year or 2, they have been regular participants in the champions league for over 20 years and all the riches that comes with it. Spurs would be a more accurate barometer of what we strive to achieve. Up until two years ago they had a capacity of 36k. They have a sound management structure at the club. An outstanding manager (who before going to Southampton nobody had ever heard of) They didn’t pay silly fees or wages to players to build a young, vibrant team that their supporters can relate to. This is what we should be aspiring to as a club.

Wolves went and battered Spurs at their own ground as well. They’re actually a decent side, better than us.
They shouldn’t be, though. They’ve had some pretty bad defeats themselves.

They’re not the only team who are better than us and should be, either.

Was this quote recent or from the summer? I think he's right but you have to see progress and the basics being covered or what's the point in giving Silva more time?

They shouldn’t be, though. They’ve had some pretty bad defeats themselves.

They’re not the only team who are better than us and should be, either.

How many of our players yesterday would get in their side? I’m really struggling to think of any, Richarlison maybe? I know that really shouldn’t be the case after the money spent, but it is. They’ve got a better team than us.

Agreed @davek Why the need to reference the RS at all? They are no barometer of what we are trying to achieve. Give the odd year or 2, they have been regular participants in the champions league for over 20 years and all the riches that comes with it. Spurs would be a more accurate barometer of what we strive to achieve. Up until two years ago they had a capacity of 36k. They have a sound management structure at the club. An outstanding manager (who before going to Southampton nobody had ever heard of) They didn’t pay silly fees or wages to players to build a young, vibrant team that their supporters can relate to. This is what we should be aspiring to as a club.
He speaks without thinking...maybe it's a Dutch thing.

For someone that a lot are putting faith in to turn our fortunes around, to me he doesn't appear to do much at all really does he.

Ridiculous statement to come out with. A newly promoted team have just come and hammered us at our own ground and gone 5 points clear.

"May not be solved in some years". That's the worrying part of the statement for me.
He should have got a striker in during the last two windows if he wanted to 'try his best'.
Another c#@£t added to the saff.
I’m not overly happy with that ‘statement’
That statement reads:

“Know your place and pipe down”
If real that is not the statement you want from your top dog. "Yeah I'll try to change it but it's been [Poor language removed] for ages so I can't really tell you how long it'll take or if it's actually even possible"
It definitely projects no confidence whatsoever. Surely you should project a bit of optimism if you don't have any?
At least he's acknowledged we have been crap for 20 years. Beats the usual party line of plucky little everton have been doing so great just to be alive in the top division.

He can jog on with the Liverpool comment though. As if we need reminding of how they are progressing.

4 or 5 pages of fume and not one person has mentioned that that is a @chicoazul account :pint2::drunk:

How many of our players yesterday would get in their side? I’m really struggling to think of any, Richarlison maybe? I know that really shouldn’t be the case after the money spent, but it is. They’ve got a better team than us.

I would say better organisation and a better team (as in work) but not better players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back