2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Including picking the next manager if results continue as they are. That is his biggest challenge.
I'll be gutted if Brands's answer to replacing Silva ends up being something in the vein of what happened with Allardyce.

I would like to believe that there is at least one person at the club with a serious knowledge of the game.

Assuming Brands has been brought in to implement a style of play for the future, my one concern is that he appears not to have influenced Silvas tactics on set pieces, unless he's also a fan of zonal marking.

Assuming Brands has been brought in to implement a style of play for the future, my one concern is that he appears not to have influenced Silvas tactics on set pieces, unless he's also a fan of zonal marking.
Your bang on here..

We need to distinguish what exactly ARE Brands tactics , and are they being employed right here right now...

@MarcelsGoat @Zatara this is your domain

I could be wrong, but I don’t think he will be telling silva how to coach. His job is to build a squad alongside the manger.
And if the manger moves on for one reason of another. He will get another manger will the same philosophy, so there is no ripping up of the squad.

Like I said, I could be totally wrong but that’s how I see Brands’s job.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think he will be telling silva how to coach. His job is to build a squad alongside the manger.
And if the manger moves on for one reason of another. He will get another manger will the same philosophy, so there is no ripping up of the squad.

Some very blurred lines it seems...

Total Everton

Who's the boss them, him or Silva?
I think it should be Silva and Brands is the man for taking care of recruitment and scouting the opponent...etc

Really they are a team, we know that Silva cant do his part, but can Brands? He has done well in the transfers IMO so he gets a pass, but as a pair there is nothing there, so Brands has to go and get a manager in the summer that he can work with and that can work with our players plus a few additions.

Same here. Its not like he is supposed to tell players who to mark at corners, (wish someones would mind), its a more broad brush approach.

That said, this whole "style of play" thing has long baffled me. Maybe I am old fashioned, but isnt it allowed anymore to set a team up with at least half an eye on who you are playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back