2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to move players on. 10-15 to be punted.

Surprised weve not got a few more out so far.
It's difficult to get rid of the highly paid players that we don't want. I imagine a few of these players are in various teams transfer thoughts, but probably not their first choice. So if they don't get their first or second target they'll come knocking on Marcels door. I imagine it'll be the last week of the transfer window when we see the outgoings.

Nkounkou & Branthwaite are exactly the sort of business I expect from Brands.

Both look promising.
Worst case = they don’t quite hit the heights = sell for decent profit.
Best case = they improve our 1st team or move on for big profit.

That’s a sustainable business model. That’s the PSV way.

Iwobi isn’t. Surplus to an Arsenal side on the slide & overpaid for him.
He’s unlikely to feature much & will be a substantial net loss if we can get shut.

So jury very much out for me. Come on Marcel, let’s see what you’ve got.

It's difficult to get rid of the highly paid players that we don't want. I imagine a few of these players are in various teams transfer thoughts, but probably not their first choice. So if they don't get their first or second target they'll come knocking on Marcels door. I imagine it'll be the last week of the transfer window when we see the outgoings.

Sure but weve got a lot who arent making the step from u23s...they should be moved on as well.

Nkounkou & Branthwaite are exactly the sort of business I expect from Brands.

Both look promising.
Worst case = they don’t quite hit the heights = sell for decent profit.
Best case = they improve our 1st team or move on for big profit.

That’s a sustainable business model. That’s the PSV way.

Iwobi isn’t. Surplus to an Arsenal side on the slide & overpaid for him.
He’s unlikely to feature much & will be a substantial net loss if we can get shut.

So jury very much out for me. Come on Marcel, let’s see what you’ve got.

Thats a fair assessment mate, i agree im very impressed with the Branthwaite and Niels moves, both looking cracking players he deserves huge credit for both. To be fair as well he has been working with his hands tied behind his back with an academy ban when it comes to a huge swath of youth recruitment.

We would all like the over hang in the squad dealt with but the window is still open so lets see. Some of those signings arent on him, but some are Delph and Iwobi.

Some of our recruitment this year has been necessary to wallpaper over the cracks of his bad recruitment last summer. We shouldn't have had to buy two central midfielders and an attacking midfielder this summer after buying three central midfielders and an attacking midfielder last summer. Its a horrible waste of resources.

Getting rid mean permanently. Not cheap loans after cheap loans.

cheap loans are essential for FFP, we can’t crystallise losses by selling players below value. You stick them on loan for a year and their wages are off the book and their book value decreases. If you sell then you might make a FFP profit. That’s why the likes of Bolasie kept getting loaned. You can’t buy a player for 30 mill on a 5 year deal and then a year later sell him for 10 mill. Far better loaning him out for 3 years and then selling for less but you actually turn a profit.

cheap loans are essential for FFP, we can’t crystallise losses by selling players below value. You stick them on loan for a year and their wages are off the book and their book value decreases. If you sell then you might make a FFP profit. That’s why the likes of Bolasie kept getting loaned. You can’t buy a player for 30 mill on a 5 year deal and then a year later sell him for 10 mill. Far better loaning him out for 3 years and then selling for less but you actually turn a profit.

The obvious candidates...just hope some clubs actually want them.

Very well put mate.

Comes a tipping point though and a few are past it, Boalsie certainly is.

pennington, baningame, Connolly... all need to be punted. (Im assuming Connolly is still with us CBA checking).

Besic needs to be punted. Lossl seemingly needs to be punted.

I don’t think they are highly paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.