2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to be of suitable quality and available.

We’re punting Tosun and Bernard, we’ve already got rid of Walcott, and Gordon may go on loan. This finally smacks of Nil Satis Nisi Optimum to me.

We desperately need reinforcements, but only the right quality.

He left a prince, but returns a king...

Screenshot_20210201-121223_Firefox.jpg

They have to be of suitable quality and available.

We’re punting Tosun and Bernard, we’ve already got rid of Walcott, and Gordon may go on loan. This finally smacks of Nil Satis Nisi Optimum to me.

We desperately need reinforcements, but only the right quality.
Gordon won't go if Bernard goes.

He was our only attacking player on the bench on Saturday, and Carlo doesn't trust him.

It's negligent if nobody is brought in. It shouldn't be a case of having to look. It should have been a case of having a deal - whether a loan or a permanent or loan-to-buy or whatever - lined up with the knowledge we were going to clear out another two attackers if possible and also free up wages with Bolasie, Kenny, Lossl etc going.

The quality comes from having different options. I'm not expecting the whole package, I'm expecting a player that can bring something of what we're missing to help push us on and make us a more attractive proposition in the summer.

Gordon won't go if Bernard goes.

He was our only attacking player on the bench on Saturday, and Carlo doesn't trust him.

It's negligent if nobody is brought in. It shouldn't be a case of having to look. It should have been a case of having a deal - whether a loan or a permanent or loan-to-buy or whatever - lined up with the knowledge we were going to clear out another two attackers if possible and also free up wages with Bolasie, Kenny, Lossl etc going.

The quality comes from having different options. I'm not expecting the whole package, I'm expecting a player that can bring something of what we're missing to help push us on and make us a more attractive proposition in the summer.
We all want the same. But we can’t get stuck in another Walcott/Tosun situation.

That’s what really prevents progress.

Not sure why he gets so much hate. What is he supposed to do? He is clearing the decks of utter dross we've signed under our last 4 managers. We won't get anyone we really want in January.

Not sure why he gets so much hate. What is he supposed to do? He is clearing the decks of utter dross we've signed under our last 4 managers. We won't get anyone we really want in January.

He’s not really, he’s loaned them out for 4 months to get them off the wage bill for a bit, they’ll be back soon to fleece us again.

That being said I don’t really hate him. I think he does have a difficult job.

Status
Not open for further replies.