• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has taken sensible approaches to playing Liverpool home and away. The curse will end if we put in that level of performance every time.

The team did the least that was expected of them today. It really shouldn't take the manager to get the players up for a derby to be honest.

That said, the tactics were alright in the main. Just wish we could actually go out and beat them for once...

Utter rubbish. I declined to use a more strong adjective but do not want to be banned. You are either taking the p...s or if really serious are talking garbage.meh.

wow, did you watch a tape of one of our 80's matches instead?

granted, our 2nd-half performance was much improved and i applauded that in the match thread today, but taken as a whole Silva's two derbies so far haven't improved on the Allardyce derbies. Not just results-wise, but also the performances. The first half today in particular was 100% Allardyce.

Saying that, Silva & Allardyce (& Koeman) derby performances are preferable to the 0-4 thrashings under Martinez not so long back. But how much can we praise Silva when in 180 derby minutes his Everton side have barely managed a good chance on goal nevermind scoring? That's Allardyce-like that is.

granted, our 2nd-half performance was much improved and i applauded that in the match thread today, but taken as a whole Silva's two derbies so far haven't improved on the Allardyce derbies. Not just results-wise, but also the performances. The first half today in particular was 100% Allardyce.

Saying that, Silva & Allardyce (& Koeman) derby performances are preferable to the 0-4 thrashings under Martinez not so long back. But how much can we praise Silva when in 180 derby minutes his Everton side have barely managed a good chance on goal nevermind scoring? That's Allardyce-like that is.

What you talking about? The performance at Anfield was far better than anything we have shown there in years. And we had very good chances to score including a point blank header from Gomes that would have put us in the lead.

You miss that game mate?

Err No, second row Upper Bullens. What tape was you watching? or maybe you were behind a pillar?

What you talking about? The performance at Anfield was far better than anything we have shown there in years. And we had very good chances to score including a point blank header from Gomes that would have put us in the lead.

You miss that game mate?

of course i watched it. i didn't see much difference to Allardyce's 1-1 Anfield derby. at least there we had a goal to celebrate, and didn't lose.

a bit of feistiness with no end product isn't of significant difference to hoofing.

Err No, second row Upper Bullens. What tape was you watching? or maybe you were behind a pillar?

are you denying the first half today was totally Allardyce?

I don't see us finishing in the top half

We will finish about ten or twelve points off WATFORD
Totally unacceptable
Not sure it is tbh. We've got gaping holes in our squad that werent able to be filled in the summer or January but the holes the club did fill they brought in quality; digne, gomes, richarlison certainly have a future here. You compare the Watford side to ours and they have some genuine quality across the pitch and are stronger in areas; centre midfield especially and as much as deeney is a brute, he is effective in this league.

I expected more going into the start of the season but if you look at our squad objectively without the blue glasses on we ain't all that. Theres too many senior high earners in the squad who have shied away, not taken responsibility and claimed their spots in the team. Silva doesn't get out of jail free, hes made mistakes and at one point he looked beaten, but the last week is enough to show the players still believe in him and his message is getting across. The application has been right. He deserves his chance to mould the squad to something that resembles balance before hes given the boot imo. There are very few players in our ridiculously large player list that have shown they deserve or have enough potential to be at the club next season. They're the issue for me before the manager. He got it right at Cardiff and right again today. Two clean sheets on the bounce and no goals conceded from a set piece. Baby steps.

of course i watched it. i didn't see much difference to Allardyce's 1-1 Anfield derby. at least there we had a goal to celebrate, and didn't lose.

a bit of feistiness with no end product isn't of significant difference to hoofing.

If you can’t see the difference in the performance in December to the one last year under Allardyce then there’s little point in debating it with you.

Yeah we scored last year, as Lovren gave away a needless penalty, so don’t be using that as a debating point that’s laughable.

If you can’t see the difference in the performance in December to the one last year under Allardyce then there’s little point in debating it with you.

Yeah we scored last year, as Lovren gave away a needless penalty, so don’t be using that as a debating point that’s laughable.

yeah don't be using us scoring a goal at Anfield in the league to prevent losing as a debating point...it's not like that's super-rare or anything.

We got our first corner with Fat Sam at the Pit 10 minutes out.

no Silva performance against Satan's 11 goes remotely close to that

They laughed at us that day

It is all a matter of opinion. But the Allardyce inference is ludicrous. We stopped a team of much better players from winning by an energetic high press game and then got even better in the second half and threatened them. It is called good tactics. You must have come out of that ground very pleased,as the crowd most certainly were, assuming of course that you were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back