Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah and firminho out scored our entire team this season and still struggled to get top 4.

Playing a style to out score the opposition only works when you have a quality front 3 that scores lots of goals and the rest of the team chip in with a few.

We don't have that and for the second season in a row we've just sold our top goal scorer.

You could argue that with a better attack we'd score more goals but we'd concede more as well.

The club is at a major turning point in it's history for me. With all the changes going on and we can't afford to drift into the mid table dirge that's in the premier league because we won't get back out. We can't be taking chances on gung-ho managers because we don't have the fire power up front and defensively we're to frail at the back to compensate for it. Silva is martinez mk2 without the 8 thousand pass a game.

We need a manager who can organise a defence as well as a attack. Someone who's manager style is balanced and can build up the whole squad over time. Emeri or fonseca if we can't get him for me. Both won things, can play good attacking football but doesn't sacrifice their defence to do so and can dig in and grind out results when things aren't going their way.

100% this, my choices:

1. Emery

2. Wenger

3. Blanc

4. Benitez

5. Fonesca

6. Pellegrini

Awful choice if he gets it. Our sights are set too low. Prediction is abuse levels increase by October with demands for his sacking by January. We surely need a manager with a record of success. Silva's record is CRAP.

He definitely wouldn't be my first choice but it wouldn't really be fair to say his record is crap. He won the Greek title with Olympiacos 2015/16, the Taça de Portugal cup with Sporting CP 2014/15 and has an average of 52.5% win rate overall for his managerial career from 2011 to 2018. His win rate would have been higher but it wasn't particularly great in the premier league with Hull and Watford which is a concern and the reason why he wouldn't be my first choice, but he is certainly capable of better and has achieved some good things in his career so far.

1. ok

2. ok

3. ok

4. Bed

5. ok

6. ok

Benitez is a good manager, I couldn't care if he managed that lot im more concerned about us progressing on the pitch. Also lets be honest imagine the fume if he took the gig here from that bunch of scruffs.

"Dat Rafael eeee aint on ov us anymorreee YWNA"

would be even better if he won a trophy with us.

Moyes can rebuild on a budget, which will be important if the stadium move goes ahead. Him and Irvine are a great team.

Dyche might be ready to move up a level.

Roy has coached at the highest level at home and abroad. He has done great work at Fulham, West Brom and Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back