Marks out of 10 for Sam Allardyce

Rating for Pork Chop (out of 10 plz thx)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to be objective here.

I'd give 7/10.

Put it this way, if Mourinho or Simeone had been appointed instead, and got exactly the same results and exactly the same performances, no one here would be giving them zeros. No one. Most of you would be giving them between 6 to 8, some might even give 9s or 10s given what they took over, and what's more you'd be looking at the positives, and would be optimistic about pushing on next year with a pre-season behind them.

But because it is Big Sam, he's not fashionable, he's English, then he must be the worst thing to have ever happened to Everton FC.
You’re first sentence says it all
I’m afraid you failed

If the board kindly reveal the objectives they set him then fair enough.

To me, at the time, I did think we were going down. Now we arent so on that alone 5/10.

If he was tasked to avoid relegation, 10 out of 10. Regardless of whether he saved us or not but, if he was tasked to avoid relegation & build the team up, 5 out of 10.

If he was tasked with making Gum Chewing sexy again, 0 out of 10.
That wasn’t the question, the question was, how much faith do you have in the manager going in to next season

..I give him 6/10. I recall Southampton away and the fear that we were in freefall. Getting us to 20+ points at Christmas and ultimate safety is something I will always be thankful for.

Saying that, there is no indication that he can take the team further, there is no indication that he has the ability to do anything else but set his team out to avoid defeat. Indeed, the capitulation and surrender in certain matches is almost against the integrity of the game.

I think 6/10 is fair but it’s time to move on.

I detest the guy and I am embarassed that he is our manager however he has done what Moshiri wanted - retain Premier league status - but he has done it in a horrible typical Allardyce way - and having achieved that has failed to give any hope for the future.

On that basis I gave him 4.

Why is he still here ?

Done the bare minimum in terms of points... tiny bit of stability, but see no future for him here as he has done nothing I wouldn't have expected of any half decent div 2 manager to have achieved

3 - Got the necessary points but doesn't have the tactical nous or the want to progress a group of youngsters into the squad to add some much needed energy.

Thanks but Goodbye.

That wasn’t the question, the question was, how much faith do you have in the manager going in to next season
No, this was the question.
As the club have asked some supporters to mark the chubby one on his performance so far I feel we should also have a go. Personally I would give him a 2/3 for turning up every week.
Nothing to do with faith or next season at all.

Misread the question. Thought it was asking the same question as the survey about 'confidence in him to take us forward' or whatever it was.

Would give him a 6/10 for the job he's done. If he had been in charge all season, had us 9th, playing this style of football it would be a 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back