Martinez IN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question, why don't you put as much effort in the Martinez in thread? It doesn't seem so far fetched that you are a plant to get people posting as you do seem to get away with murder.

Yes, it's all a cunning marketing strategy. Have a toffee apple.

Btw, you've just joined and I'm the plant?

Lol.

Moyes 2nd season we still had the walter smith cack players on the whole,martinez has the best squad we have ever had.
I think that's what makes this season much harder to swallow: we have quality in our squad but are for one reason or another unable to show it.

Quite simply the first season under Moyes and the first season under Martinez are utterly different, so a direct comparison is unjust.

Obviously some of the players aren't with out fault this year, but equally you could argue that the tactics and mentality have exacerbated this.

As soon as he gets out of the obsession of playing slow players, then things may turn for him and he can save his skin.

What do teams fear? They fear pace, especially on the counter, and it is the sole reason for Liverpool's big upturn in form for example.

Imagine what a dream of a day it is for players to face Naismith, they press high up on all our players knowing they don't have a turn of pace to nick it past them and turn. Easy pickings for ANY defence.

Our team is arguably the slowest in the league at the moment.

Baines? Lost a yard. Barry? Lost 25 yards. Naismith? Seen Neil Shipperley move more swiftly than him.

Besic - McCarthy
Mirallas - Ross - Lennon
Lukaku

Watch teams give the players a bit more space, because they know they can get turned in an instant, a much more worrying proposition than Barry and Naismith.

Still persisting with Barkley in a position he's done absolutely nothing in all season I see. Massive cause of all our problems.

The fastest Premier League player this season is Phil Jagielka. He hit a top speed of 35.99kph against Leicester on the opening day of the season.

Ross Barkley came eighth in the latest survey. In the Everton v Swansea City game on 01/11/2014, he was measured at 34.9kph.

Of course, they may have slowed down over the season - but other players may have too.
Hence Ross being in the ideal attacking lineup, Jags is in the team aswell, but he's lost a bit of pace despite that stat.

The players have let us down i agree but it needs a strong manager to sort them out.
The two can be unequivocally linked; almost in a cycle. When one falters it can be detrimental to the other and soon you have a loop.

If the players aren't performing it can be difficult for the manager, yet if the manager isn't up to the task then the players will not perform.

And so on... and so son. It needs one to stand up to the plate and revitalise the squad; that or one is taken from the cycle - hence the manager.

Other clubs seem to be fighting for survival, whereas we appear to be edging to the abyss blaming everyone and anyone but ourselves.

All down to the manager, poor selections, poor tactics, poor training sessions. The players actually look uncomfortable with this style, the table doesnt lie. Ensure pl survival move on, Martinez needs to learn his trade elsewere

Ross will come good, Naismith is stinking out the place as much as Ross does when he plays.

I'll be amazed if he comes good whilst being isolated in a position where he's easily marked out of the game.

The obsession with two holding midfielders who have absolutely no intention of running beyond the ball regardless of the opposition is killing us.

All this poor manager who cant get the team playing:

72 points
21 wins
Best footy seen for years

...all criticisms of that nature crash against those rocks.

Of course, it was ages ago that...8 months.

I'll be amazed if he comes good whilst being isolated in a position where he's easily marked out of the game.

The obsession with two holding midfielders who have absolutely no intention of running beyond the ball regardless of the opposition is killing us.
He can glide past people under pressure, just like he did in the buildup to Deulofeu's goal at Arsenal last year, he's just suffering from immense pressure and expectancy from a poisonous crowd imo.

All this poor manager who cant get the team playing:

72 points
21 wins
Best footy seen for years

...all criticisms of that nature crash against those rocks.

Of course, it was ages ago that...8 months.

Stop it Dave, I have told you before, no matter what ` spin` you put on it I wont join your `cult`

He can glide past people under pressure, just like he did in the buildup to Deulofeu's goal at Arsenal last year, he's just suffering from immense pressure and expectancy from a poisonous crowd imo.

He's suffering from being asked to play in a role that anyone would struggle with in with the current formation.

Play him as an out and out centre mid. Get a forward thinking player in the middle of the park and I'm convinced we'll show more fluidity. The idea we can persist with the current set up and it'll somehow all be fine is just ridiculous.

You already belong to one.

Please enlighten me ? As I have stated earlier I simply have a different opinion to yourself, unlike you I dont ram my opinion down others throats, I respect others opinions you do not, you try to change their beliefs, like the `Martinez in cult figure` you have become

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back