Martinez IN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please enlighten me ? As I have stated earlier I simply have a different opinion to yourself, unlike you I dont ram my opinion down others throats, I respect others opinions you do not, you try to change their beliefs, like the `Martinez in cult figure` you have become
To be fair Eddy he is good he has changed a few posters opinions.
The strong are left now and we vote with the reality on the pitch.

Bill Kenwright, November 26th 2014:

‘If I’ve been good at anything in my life, it has been that I have been able to recognise talent,’ says Kenwright. ‘That is what I do. Was it difficult when David was having a bad time at the start? No. I believed throughout that, good times or bad, David Moyes was the right man...Kenwright adds: ‘The massive plus is that we have Roberto. He is so passionate, so extraordinarily dedicated in every way.’

Bill's a bad blert though, moyes never won us bugger all and wasn't all that in the end, so he's not that good at spotting talent, only in his own arrogant mind

If your in the usa,there a Porgramme,a day in the life of martinez,[were it looks like he was followed for the day ?] via the men in blazers show i think,next sat afternoon usa time.will watch it.

Best squad ever?

Massively unbalanced in several positions, top heavy in others and with a fair number of young players as well as players over the hill and only a couple at their supposed peak.

If we sign 2 top players every summer then we should have a top squad in 3-5 years as the younger players mature.

Moyes 2nd season we still had the walter smith cack players on the whole,martinez has the best squad we have ever had.
The tactics and his system is the reason we are were we are.
If its not working change it don't just stand there and think your better than everyone else by persisting with it

Best squad ever?

Massively unbalanced in several positions, top heavy in others and with a fair number of young players as well as players over the hill and only a couple at their supposed peak.

If we sign 2 top players every summer then we should have a top squad in 3-5 years as the younger players mature.

So if we sign 10 more top players over 5 years we will have a top squad?

Do you even think before you type things out?

Best squad ever?

This squad more or less came 5th last season.
That is because its the best squad we have ever had in this league.

Nowhere near the 07/08 squad. Howard, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Pienaar, Arteta, Osman, Cahill, Yakubu all in their prime. Good cover as well in Yobo, Johnson, Anichebe and Carsley.

Which players are in their prime in this squad? Coleman, Mirallas, Naismith maybe (first two woefully out of form), Gibson (when fit). The rest are too old or too young. Howard Jags and Baines are still first team 8 years on and have declined. There's no adequate cover in CB or RB. No creativity in midfield an overreliance on Osman and Pienaar to be fit (both also declined) and no suitable cover for Lukaku up front. I thought it was a top squad but as the season has gone on it has shown its severe limitations. Apart from left back I can't think of one position we have depth of quality.

It's probably the oldest squad that we have ever had.

Distin - 37
Howard - 36
Hibbert - 34
Barry - 34
Osman - 33
Jagielka - 32
Pienaar - 32
Alcaraz - 32
Kone - 31
Baines - 30

They aren't all up to the rigours of playing two games a week.

We desperately need an infusion of young blood.

Last edited:
Howard
coleman jags stones baines

Lennon Besic Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku Naismith

Has to be done against Newcastle for me; scrap all this holding midfield larky and give an old fashioned battle and accompany it with goals.

Simple question, why don't you put as much effort in the Martinez in thread? It doesn't seem so far fetched that you are a plant to get people posting as you do seem to get away with murder.

....and, amazingly, he's posting a 'positive' for his own defense of the manager via a quote from a person he can apparently barely stand, namely BK.

Which is a tad odd.

Howard
coleman jags stones baines

Lennon Besic Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku Naismith

Has to be done against Newcastle for me; scrap all this holding midfield larky and give an old fashioned battle and accompany it with goals.

To his credit, it was Howard who was pulling players to their feet after the second goal at Stoke.

But how many of this team would you risk against Kiev on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back