Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has he? What's Koeman done exactly? A couple of worthless Dutch titles that even McClaren can achieve. An FA Cup win trumps those two with ease.

At present Koeman has nothing on his CV of any merit in managerial terms. let's not confuse his playing record with his managerial one. It doesn't bear comparison.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT. Harry Redknapp won the FA Cup mate. Redknapp for Everton then I guess.

As a side note, Koeman won the Copa Del Rey with Valencia. But obviously you're going to ignore that

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT. Harry Redknapp won the FA Cup mate. Redknapp for Everton then I guess

...I'd laugh along with you mate, however we haven't managed to win it for over 20 years.

Btw, Harry Redknapp has coached a team to the CL KO stages. When Koeman does the same maybe the laughter will be warranted.

Bloody hell mate, he's been with Belgium for one meaningless game. I'll hold on a while longer before passing judgement on his career as international manager.

Koeman: he didn't achieve with Southampton what Martinez did in his first season here. Nowhere near it. Yes,. he coped well with sales of players, and that was his big achievement. But he has it all to prove here. He's getting the plaudits now, but that needs backing up with results and points on the table.

He's superior to what's departed we're told...so you wont mind me expecting to see evidence of that, will you?

While I agree it's one game - it shows that he's really not taken on board 'why' he was sacked. There was literally no sign of change. For his sake I hope he realises soon and fixes it.

Yes he did though Dave. He achieved exactly the same for them as Martinez did for us (record points total). Difference is he did it twice in a row after losing half the squad on both occasions.

He actually achieved more at Southampton in two years than RM did with us in three...

...I'd laugh along with you mate, however we haven't managed to win it for over 20 years.

Btw, Harry Redknapp has coached a team to the CL KO stages. When Koeman does the same maybe the laughter will be warranted.

What about Koeman's Copa Del Rey win with Valencia mate? Does that trump or match the FA Cup? No, because it wasn't with Wigan? What about the fact the two biggest clubs in the world compete in it though?

Then shouldn't the same yardstick be used for Bobby Martin then, seeing as he's never done that either?

While I agree it's one game - it shows that he's really not taken on board 'why' he was sacked. There was literally no sign of change. For his sake I hope he realises soon and fixes it.

Yes he did though Dave. He achieved exactly the same for them as Martinez did for us (record points total). Difference is he did it twice in a row after losing half the squad on both occasions.

He actually achieved more at Southampton in two years than RM did with us in three...
...and back to my point: so it should be with absolute ease that he gets us rapidly to within touching distance of Martinez's best season here (not equalling it, no one will do that without a billionaire actually spending their cash).

That's all that's being requested of him. Given that he's 'obviously' the superior manager, it's not exactly asking for the earth really is it?

...and back to my point: so it should be with absolute ease that he gets us rapidly to within touching distance of Martinez's best season here (not equalling it, no one will do that without a billionaire actually spending their cash).

That's all that's being requested of him. Given that he's 'obviously' the superior manager, it's not exactly asking for the earth really is it?
So wait are you implying it was the board's fault Martinez failed?

Bet we could win the title with 71 points and you'd still be unhappy with that.

No it's not. The game has changed is the only caveat - three seasons ago Leicester, West Ham, Stoke were not as good as they are now.

However, I do believe we've got a better squad than the latter two, and can easily be competing for top 8 based on the players we have at our disposal.

Hopefully Koeman proves the theory right and gets us top six, but I will not be 'expecting' it. I expect a top 8 finish.

This club's most successful PL manager.

Pretty much unanswerable that.

Let's hope Koeman gets near his record. I can't see it, but maybe he can get 60 odd points for us like Moyesie used to get on occasion.

No he is not. Moyes did more than him in PL he got us 4th and we were an established top 6 side when he left. Martinez got two bottom half finish in a row. How can you glorify this fraud? He is crap get over it and accept it.

Moyes got 4th with 61 points. If Koeman doesn't get that this season eyebrows will be raised....that's how pathetic a points total that 4th spot required that bizarre season.

Do you mean PL success is not counted on finishing position but points? This is madness dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back