Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you think he was dreadful last night when playing In one of his usual positions?

Saturday his defending was absolutely awful and was regularly beaten by any Liverpool player that fronted him. Yesterday he was better and stood his ground better. Didn't matter about what position he played the point that you don't seem to grasp is his defence in a one on one situation against Liverpool was dreadful but good yesterday. He is a defensive player so should know how to tackle, how to jockey etc and all that deserted him against Liverpool

Poor game on Saturday back on form last night . It happens. This lads gonna be a top , top player , trust me.;)
Right back or right hand side of a back 3 are where he is most comfortable in my view. RWB is a difficult one both defensively and offensively when you aren't used to it. I'd have liked him to have played in the back 3 at the weekend rather than WB. Not sure how much difference it would have made but it would have been a bit more balanced. But that would have meant throwing Kenny in at WB. Just shows how threadbare our squad is at the moment.

It's wrong for people to compare him with Coleman as an attacking force. There's only walker at Spurs who compares to Seamus in that regard.

I thought Holgate was MOM last night, just edging out Jags and Williams.

Very very good last night. Was made up to see him jump up after that tackle by Young and get in his face. Showed he isn't scared and will stand up for himself. Will be playing right back on Sunday with Williams suspended I would have thought with Pennington and Jags at CH.

Saturday his defending was absolutely awful and was regularly beaten by any Liverpool player that fronted him. Yesterday he was better and stood his ground better. Didn't matter about what position he played the point that you don't seem to grasp is his defence in a one on one situation against Liverpool was dreadful but good yesterday. He is a defensive player so should know how to tackle, how to jockey etc and all that deserted him against Liverpool

I was simply highlighting that he was playing out of position to counter your opinion that you felt he had regressed.

On evidence last night In a position he was familiar with he's the only defender playing in the last 2 games who should be a starter at the beginning of next season....possibly Williams based upon last night but we cant keep playing so deep.

It has to be Holgate and jags at the back for Leicester! Pennington is a good player, but he isn't quick! Him and Jags against Vardy and we are goosed! I'd play a back four of Baines, Jags, Holgate and Kenny! Hopefully we will,have Schneiderlin back with Gana in the middle,to cut off Vary's supply lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back