2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that they've just had a media campaign over the abuse that Rhian Brewster has received - though without ever acknowledging how they acted over Suarez, or how their fanbase acted over Adeyemi - has put them in a bit of a spot here; if Firmino has said what Holgate appears to have claimed he has said then its hard to see how he can continue at the club. You can't be anti-racist, demand that your players be protected from racism, and then have one of your best players racially abuse others.
Also they will make the claim it's acceptable in South America to say these things as they did with Suarez. There are people from Eastern Europe in Britain where it's acceptable to use the N word, however they don't use it the term, same with most Spanish, Portuguese, Italians and South Americans in this country. My Russian mate got into trouble for using the N word at school and never used it again. Liverpool and their fans always find some idiotic way the defend the indefensible.

You could say they get away with murder

Apparently he’s 6’ 3. Not sure about that myself, unless he had heels on when they measured him.

His size definitely may count against him, though, in terms of weight and strength.
He's not 6'3". If he could cut out his stupid mistakes and got a but stronger, he'd be super.

Just away from the incident for a bit, I think he’s a good CB.

Be good to see him partnered alongside a top class centre back in his prime - a 27-28 year old Jagielka type...

Lad is really coming on in leaps and bounds this season now he's finally getting most of his games at centre back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back