Match Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
A confident seven-match unbeaten Everton side travel to a depressed Upton Park tomorrow with the intention of improving their impressive three wins and a draw in their last five League away trips to the Eastenders.

Boosted by the return of Nuno Valente and Manuel Fernandes, with Mikel Arteta and Alan Stubbs expected to undergo late fitness tests, David Moyes' men will be looking to record their second double of the season - having beaten West Ham 2-0 earlier in the season. (the other double being Watford for those wondering).

Despite the feeling of inevitable relegation around West Ham, speaking to EvertonTV, David Moyes has spoken of the "enormity" of the task his squad faces tomorrow.

Moyes: "What we can't kid ourselves on is the enormity of the task we have got in winning at West Ham, knowing their situation. I thought the result flattered Chelsea a bit, I watched the game and I thought West Ham played well.

"This game will be different from the Chelsea game for the West Ham players. They were underdogs in that game whereas in this one they may be expected to get a result.

"But for different reasons we know we have got to get the three points to keep the likes of Bolton and Tottenham at bay." [imga="right"]http://grandoldteam.com/nextgames/0607/vswestham.jpg[/imga]

"We have got Manchester United at home, Portsmouth - who are chasing us - then away to Chelsea so it is good at the moment but it's a long way from over," he said.

"It is May when it counts. We have been in the top ten all season, it looks as if we have accomplished that and now we are looking to finish in fifth if we can, but obviously to be in the Uefa Cup would be a big thing, which now goes down to seventh place."

Why not discuss the match live with Evertonians across the globe in our forums?

Got to get a result in this one. Europe is far from in the bag.

Although we are playing well, Man Utd and Chelsea will be favourites going into our match against them and they really need the points as it looks like the Championship is going to the wire. Portsmouth (with their zany/gobshite/new geordies fans) is our other remaining game and they are looking to Europe like ourselves. No easy points now, Fernandes returning would be a bonus.

We need the win but I reckon a draw.

Got to get a result in this one. Europe is far from in the bag.

Although we are playing well, Man Utd and Chelsea will be favourites going into our match against them and they really need the points as it looks like the Championship is going to the wire. Portsmouth (with their zany/gobshite/new geordies fans) is our other remaining game and they are looking to Europe like ourselves. No easy points now, Fernandes returning would be a bonus.

We need the win but I reckon a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back