MATCH THREAD - Everton V Stevenage - Cap One Cup 2nd Round - Weds 28th August @7:45PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame.

Anyone remember when they'd keep playing replays until there was a result?

We had a couple that went to 5 games or so in the 90's against Boro and Oldham, I think. Didn't we smash them both in the deciding matches? They probably just got bored before we did!

When the top league clubs entered the league cup it was a home and away affair the first round only!

3-0 win for me. 5 or 6 changes to the weekends starting XI and finally a half from Duelofeu!

Kone, Vic and Stones to score! Wonder what odds Id get on that?!

Good that the club are offering concessionary prices for u-21s. They should do that for league fixtures.

Last edited:

Shame.

Anyone remember when they'd keep playing replays until there was a result?

We had a couple that went to 5 games or so in the 90's against Boro and Oldham, I think. Didn't we smash them both in the deciding matches? They probably just got bored before we did!

Best league cup replay was hills borough 77 first one vs villa. Amazing noise for the last minute corner that we equalised from. Latchfooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrd!! pandemonium!! Shame we blew the second replay. Nearly blew my a levels with all those cup matches that season!

My starting line is this

Howard
Coleman - Distin - Jags - Baines
Mirallas - Osman - Barkley - Pienaar
Fellaini
Kone​

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back