MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Tobin ‏@sean94tobin now

If Roberto Martinez even calls that a ****ing "good exercise" I'll flip. No wonder we ain't won **** all in years. Useless ****s. #EFC

haha

Our own [Poor language removed] fault. Our best route into Europe and a cup after not winning one for eighteen years and we continually show it little respect. Should have put the game to bed first half, then when it was apparent the game was turning in the second half the right subs should have been made, including Barkley to run at a static crap defence.

This is the point where were meant to be pretend to be not be arsed and focus on a couple of wins in the league but very poor form from manager and players tonight. Good momentum from two wins just hindered there too.

It's just a mickey mouse cup though lad.....

still unbeated in the league,learning curve for bobby thats all,its hard to take a loss..but to be fair,fulham went for us! bringing on strikers for defenders and ****.

Deflour was really disappointing...can't see him starting any league games based on that wasteful performance.

Lukaku and Mirallas sometimes linked up well...both should start league games.

Our own [Poor language removed] fault. Our best route into Europe and a cup after not winning one for eighteen years and we continually show it little respect. Should have put the game to bed first half, then when it was apparent the game was turning in the second half the right subs should have been made, including Barkley to run at a static crap defence.

This is the point where were meant to be pretend to be not be arsed and focus on a couple of wins in the league but very poor form from manager and players tonight. Good momentum from two wins just hindered there too.
This.
Terrible defending by Gibson for their second also. Poor timing of subs from RM. Beat ourselves

I think our game plan from the get go was decent but with it being high tempo and Fulham coming to chase the second half aggressively our team was a bit knackered and we couldn't do the wholesale changes needed. Still I'd say we were unlucky not to win this game. Deulofeu was impressive in the first half but it got a bit repetitive in the second and you could see he was knackered. Same with most of our players, even Lukaku looked a bit off the second half. A lot of flair all over the place which is always good to watch but I feel if we could've done simple things right we would've over ran them. Their second goal was a bit weird not marking Bent in that position and the save attempt was not good enough from Joel. It seems that even though we have a pacy team we seem to struggle against counter. Good thing the opponents featured Berba and Bent who got continuously caught offside. Gibson was out of shape and we had some sloppy passing and we seemed to lose the ball really easily in the final third and thus enable the opponent to counter. I guess it was the flair players and all of that running that is for blame. Anyway, no injuries and a decent spirited display so it's all not doom and gloom. Bring on the facup as coc doesnt seem to be our thing.

agreed, Barry should have been on at half time, they were taking control of the midfield.

Now I think everyone is forgetting, when Martinez won a cup his side went down in the league... So surely this is a good sign? Correct?

No need to panic to be honest, after the first four games in the league, we're fourth and beaten Chelsea. One poor result doesn't ruin the start we've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back