MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were one attacking player down the whole game. Really missed Barkley joining in on the attacks. Gibson, Heitinga and McCarthy don't offer any goal threat.

Some of you need to stop bitching about the changes roberto made to the starting line up, it was still packed full of internationals. I thought first half we controlled and played some lovely stuff, barca lid was just taking the piss at times ripping them to shreds. Second half jol mustve give them a proper talking to because they came out like a different team and got into us. On another day if that distin header went in and not hit the post and made it 2 nil we wouldve went on to get a few more and everyone would be bouncing around saying were gonna win everything, we never had that luck and two errors by us resulted in them getting two goals. I thought coleman was really poor and missed an absolute sitter, stones was got at to easily second half, naismith took his goal well but his link up play is awful and he kept slipping onto his ass, oviedo, i have mad man love for but hes not a full back yet especially when no one was tracking back and helping him. Barry was boss when he came on

I think we were very unlucky to not to win the game. Fulham started their second period strong and our players on the pitch couldn't cope with it, subs maybe should've come on earlier to stabilize the game which tbf I think Martinez' subs did as well as us conceding the second goal but then we were too flaired up and were out of fresh legs on the wings. Oh if we only could've had four subs. Still without Seamus & co's poor finishing we would've gone to extra time. Still I am happy that the fringe players ( and the new ones ) got some playing time. Shame for the result and that Atkins is a one bad tit.

Unlucky lids.

Gibson should have been hauled off at HT. The warning signs were there in the first half and we needed authority in that area. Martinez stood on a principle of giving him more game time though...as he did with a flagging Deulofeu....and we paid the penalty for that.

Gutted at that loss. It was so avoidable. And now there's unnecessary huge pressure on us to get that win against Newcastle at home because the perception is that we sacrificed that game last night to keep players fresh for it.

Ridiculous strategy, and it's the first black mark against the manager for me. Unlike Moyes, I hope he learns from that at the first time of asking.

Gibson should have been hauled off at HT. The warning signs were there in the first half and we needed authority in that area. Martinez stood on a principle of giving him more game time though...as he did with a flagging Deulofeu....and we paid the penalty for that.

Gutted at that loss. It was so avoidable. And now there's unnecessary huge pressure on us to get that win against Newcastle at home because the perception is that we sacrificed that game last night to keep players fresh for it.

Ridiculous strategy, and it's the first black mark against the manager for me. Unlike Moyes, I hope he learns from that at the first time of asking.

Although i agree with you about Gibson, do you think he was trying to give him as long as possible knowing he will have to play him against city.

Although i agree with you about Gibson, do you think he was trying to give him as long as possible knowing he will have to play him against city.

Is it definite Barry wont be allowed to play in that one?

Nevertheless: half a game last night and some game time against Newcastle would have been a decent reintroduction before facing City.

My thoughts were, I wasn't concerned overly about the changes as we still looked fairly strong and on another given day that team he fielded are our squad who sit on our bench every week not our reserves.

We dominated the first half and could have been out of sight as it was we couldn't take our chances and we paid for it. It wasn't a bad performance by any stretch of the imagination, it just happened in the competition a lot of us feel is our best chance of silver and so people are dissecting it more.

Love how its Martinez's fault and not Naismith,Gibson,Distin,Coleman,Lukaku,Heitinga or McCarthy's

There was enough quality out last night to beat that team easily

Love how its Martinez's fault and not Naismith,Gibson,Distin,Coleman,Lukaku,Heitinga or McCarthy's

There was enough quality out last night to beat that team easily

Aye, last season against Leeds it was the players, this season it's the manager. Baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back