Matthew Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.
CiMXij6WkAAbmzZ.jpg

Throwback to when his face was photoshopped into the lineup picture

Its strange that he didn't get picked up by a Championship club. Even if they had paid just half his wages it would have saved us some money and I can't imagine his wages are that high so half his wage should have been affordable for a Championship club. I can't imagine u23 football does Pennington much good either so you would have thought he would have done anything he could to get away even if it meant taking a pay cut. If he stays in u23s I can see him struggling to get a club next year whereas playing in a Championship first team would show case his ability.

He's been at Ipswich and Hull the last two seasons, and they were both relegated. I'm not superstitious, but if I was a manager at a Championship side, I'd have been giving him a wide berth.

He’s clearly not good enough for The Championship mate. He’s 27 years of age and he’s still playing U23s football. I can’t imagine he’s on much wages and I think Everton would have took pennies for him just don’t think anyone is interested in him.
A few clubs in the championship wanted to take him BUT Everton didn’t want him to go. Why? I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.