Mauricio Sarri

You'd love Sarriball mate, trust me.

His Napoli side was something very special to watch
S01E03-iSd7vRV1-subtitled.webp

I think people writing Sarri off because he is 65 is a bit mad, look at the amount of time most managers spend at clubs these days, if he stayed with us for 5 seasons and retired at 70, would that be so bad? Most current managers in the league, other than Pep and Thomas Frank have done less than 3 years.

I am not sure we have the players to play "SarriBall". From what I can work out its basically a 4-3-3 with 1 holding midfielder and 2 box to box players
the fullbacks getting forward and overlapping, constant pressing, high defensive line, possession based and compact.

I think in the forward areas with DCL, Ndiaye and Lindstrom we can probably play that way, but the make up of the Central Midfield would be where we may have challenges and we dont have the fullbacks to play this, in my opinion and I am not sure we have the CB's or DM's to play a high line.

Perhaps SarriBall can be adapted I dont know.

Sorry @Eggs it had to be done...

Thoughts on is he the right man for the job, seems to be a fair bit of chatter going around about him being interested in the UK idea.
Not for me. Purely from a health and safety perspective, he already looks like a manager at the end of his tenure having managed us. Imagine what he’ll look like once he has finished managing us (if he has keeled over by then)

I think people writing Sarri off because he is 65 is a bit mad, look at the amount of time most managers spend at clubs these days, if he stayed with us for 5 seasons and retired at 70, would that be so bad? Most current managers in the league, other than Pep and Thomas Frank have done less than 3 years.

I am not sure we have the players to play "SarriBall". From what I can work out its basically a 4-3-3 with 1 holding midfielder and 2 box to box players
the fullbacks getting forward and overlapping, constant pressing, high defensive line, possession based and compact.

I think in the forward areas with DCL, Ndiaye and Lindstrom we can probably play that way, but the make up of the Central Midfield would be where we may have challenges and we dont have the fullbacks to play this, in my opinion and I am not sure we have the CB's or DM's to play a high line.

Perhaps SarriBall can be adapted I dont know.
I think with O'Brien and Branthwaite we definitely do mate, Tarkowski not so much but the way he's looked this season so far I'm worrying he's starting to look like a 33 year old who plays every game every season...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back