Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are into a new year of FFP, and we put Richarlison's sale into last year's accounting which also included Digne's sale. We apparently (although I trust this far less than others do) have Moise Kean guaranteed to leave at the end of this season which will raise another £25m. That's over £100m in sales in 18months with possibly others to follow, you never know.

Maxwell Cornet on the hand, if we signed him on a four contract say, would be down on our books at less than £4.5m a year.

If we can't afford to make this transaction then it is because of cash flow and having to pay the full release clause upfront. That Richarlison money I believe has gone into the stadium (which is exempt from FFP), there's no other explanation as to why we are seemingly paralysed in the market.
I think we just trying to get a loan so that our available funds can go elsewhere this window.

Maybe?

I think we just trying to get a loan so that our available funds can go elsewhere this window.

Maybe?
Could well be the case but Burnley need money as their new owners were advanced a £60m payment from their lenders as a condition of their relegation. Unless they tried to sort out a similar deal with us like we did with Moise Kean whereby we loan him for a season on a decent-sized fee with an obligation at the end of the season making the transfer worth more than his actual release clause, it's completely against their interests not to sell him.

I'd also argue it's not in our interest to loan him either (if we couldn't get a first option/obligation on the deal). If he hits double figures then he's clearly a good goalscorer in the PL and his value will double or even treble accordingly and £17.5m will be absolutely chump change in 12 months time.

Maybe?
It was a waste of time. Burnley would never accept a loan offer for their best player who also happens to have a reasonable release clause. We're obviously skint.

A loan offer makes sense as I think we just want to spend funds elsewhere as we have way too many positions to strengthen. And he may not be Lampard's first choice....If the loan offer was accepted, it would've been great for us but I think Burnley is in very desperate financial situation so they need some cash upfront. 17.5mil release clause is relatively easy to achieve but it seems like other clubs have "bigger target" in mind. Once these clubs missed out on their prime target, they will look at him and we will see Maxwell Cornet be snapped up by other clubs. Reality is the now Everton could only get 2nd choice to 4th choice player. So, we have to be smart about it.

If we want him, and we genuinely have very little cash, then we need to get his head turned and play dirty and drag it out until the final days of the window. Seems to me like our goal is to wait around and see what's left over for us to pick at before the window closes. If no better club has come in by that stage then it'll be in Burnley's best interests to let him go, possibly for less than his release clause if it gives them money to replace him. Obviously the danger for us is we'll once again be putting all our eggs into the same basket and will be well and truly stumped if we can't get him.

That's why I said it was exempt from our FFP (p&s) concerns. It still needs paying for however, and we don't have any external finance lined up which means it will turn into an enormous drain on the club's paltry resources.

Not really because Moshiri is footing the bill atm, Everton aren't paying anything towards the stadium as it stands.

When its built and we are making money off the stadium then we will have to pay it back.

The idea that we've used the Richarlison money to fund the stadium is a bit of a made one tbh.

Not really because Moshiri is footing the bill atm, Everton aren't paying anything towards the stadium as it stands.

When its built and we are making money off the stadium then we will have to pay it back.

The idea that we've used the Richarlison money to fund the stadium is a bit of a made one tbh.
The stadium costs so far are on Everton's balance sheet, why do you think our losses are so high? It's not all from poor spending, we actually haven't spent heavily at all in the transfer market in direct comparison to our rivals since the summer of Marco Silva's second season.

Moshiri hasn't loaned the club any new money for quite a while, many were fooled into thinking he did last year when skewed reporting suggested he had injected £100m into the club which wasn't the case, he had simply turned £100m of his old loan into equity - not a bad thing of course, but certainly not what it was made out to be.

The stadium, even if it is a fixed cost, will be paid through recurring payments. It is not remotely a stretch to think we have diverted some or even all all of the Richarlison money that way, the stadium is unaffected by p+s so if we are so strung up by those rules that we can't even reinvest money into our squad then why would we bank that money when it could be used to develop our infrastructure?

We are not ‘skint’ but we do seem to very little room for manoeuvre with regard to P/S regs despite the sale of Richarlison.
It isn’t surprising considering how far over the allowable budget we had strayed.
We are clearly trying to make our limited allowable spend go further.

Just standard practice really, you try and get the best deal for you
It is, I suspect we are being so frugal with this seasons payment that its putting selling clubs off. Guessing we will see more activity closer to the end of the window when we remain the only party interested in a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.