Maybe it's time for Neville to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep sell our captain in January transfer window and replace him with someone new.

That is the sound of second rate fans of a second rate club. Brilliant.

How much do you reckon Colemans worth? We could sell him too. Might be able to buy Alan Hutton- I hear Chimbonda is looking for a club?

Rodwel-- he'd fetch a few mil- we could get in carrick and still have enough to put a cheeky bid in for Barton.

I highly doubt all of this, but!

If an old school, traditional, working class English player like Phil Neville would jib a club like Everton for a one last fling in the Champions league and an extra 5k a week, then football is in trouble.

It's a different story for your flashy foreign prima-donnas (a majority of them anyway) but for somebody like Phil to behave this way would be worrying, really worrying.

Hes going, the silence from Motor Mouth himself is deafening, plus he may be a good leader but hes an awful footballer and 34 years old.....

I don't think him leaving would be the worst thing, but I'm not really sure that 2-3 million really helps Everton do much of anything.

Alright lads first post on here. I cant believe people dont want to sell neville, do you not watch his performances every week? I would took 500k for him before all this talk if 2 million. That for a 34 year old terrible player is great especially for us. Also i want my captain to lead by example giving insperational performances not by talking and pointing.

I don't think that selling Neville is a good idea.That at nearly 34 years of age he is wanted by one of the teams chasing a top four spot should tell you a lot about the player.

We have seen that he is a very good right back(ask a certain G. Bale) is a more than adequate defensive midfielder and on top of that an excellent leader and captain would tell you that he would be a loss.

However,if he wants to go,there isn't much point in keeping him and if we get a decent fee at his age then all the better.

A replacement...Wes Brown from Utd would be a suggestion,but I wonder if Mustafi would be considered.He is extremely highly rated as an under age international.He has player right sided centrehalf and I saw him play left back in a reserve game some time ago.
He will be 19 years old in April..so he is not exactly a young boy anymore and might provide us with a ready made and free replacement.

im in 2 minds over this one personally if we sell him now its giving the whole footballing world that there is a sinking ship in the premier called EVERTON FC ....cash in hand raid at will :@

however he is 34 and this season hasnt been his best by a long shot so if reports are true €3m is just to tempting

Yep sell our captain in January transfer window and replace him with someone new.

That is the sound of second rate fans of a second rate club. Brilliant.

How much do you reckon Colemans worth? We could sell him too. Might be able to buy Alan Hutton- I hear Chimbonda is looking for a club?

Rodwel-- he'd fetch a few mil- we could get in carrick and still have enough to put a cheeky bid in for Barton.

the floor in your post is Rodwell and Coleman are actually very good footballers. neville is a waste of space and shouldve been booted out the door ages ago- for £3mil we should bite their hand off. neville has been our worst performer for years but apparently he organises the rest of the team hahahahaah ffs -one example, look at rodriguez` goal in the derby, we played narrow the whole of the 1st half plus the cross for the goal showed neville is not what hes cracked up to be ie. he dawdled around the 6yd box doing nothing in particular and let the cross come in unhindered- just a recent example of nevilles countless downsides to his game, but hey he SHOUTS- ffs

As I said on the earlier Neville thread, it would be a shame to see him go but a £3 million + bid for a 34 year old, when we have younger and arguably better players in the position (and for that matter so do Spurs) should really be accepted. Its not as if he is Maldini, ffs.

edit: also its flaw, zed.

:D

Lost any credibility on the 2nd word of your post.

sorry- my immature sense of humor. when the planets align with my star sign the gods decree i spell certain words incorrectly. this trait has caused some almighty kerfuffles in the past but i will continue to OUT frustrated english teachers on this board. btw micknick, you thought my post was ok then- result. neville out

regaudless of pip nevs footballing ability or mixed views of him for us to even consider cashing in on him so to speke volumes and would send the footballing world a message the everton fc is in dier troubles and its open season on the squad with only out goings in this window and no real evidence of anyone incoming struggling in the league who in the hell would sign any way

regaudless of pip nevs footballing ability or mixed views of him for us to even consider cashing in on him so to speke volumes and would send the footballing world a message the everton fc is in dier troubles and its open season on the squad with only out goings in this window and no real evidence of anyone incoming struggling in the league who in the hell would sign any way

We need stability at the moment lets look again in the summer.If the captain goes now the spirit of the players would get even lower,neville may not be as consistent this season but i would prefer him to hibbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back