Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ethiad's has a continuing atmosphere problem. Personally I think it's been one (just one) of the contributory factors as to why City have not achieved success commensurate with their massive player investment.

"Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has reportedly told club officials the atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium must improve. Guardiola... is eager to see an improvement in the noise levels at the ground."
The design needs to be better for sure.

It takes time to design a complex build like this. Personally I didn't expect to see any plans until they were finalised and ready to submit to planning , which we were informed would be towards the end of the year. Why reveal incomplete plans , it serves no purpose. Honestly the timescale is what you should expect. I have a reasonable idea as I work in construction.
They can give an indication - a clear one. I'm not asking for blueprints.

We need some clear idea of what sort of stadium they have in mind using examples from other stadia if need be. They can't just keep people guessing while throwing out broad hints that the stadium won't have the close to the pitch raking grandstands they desire because the facility also has to accommodate an athletics event.

It's just not on to have NO IDEA what the design it is they are realistically going for here.

There should be something to see at this stage.

I've seen those designs and they are not appropriate for us.

As said though, he has his designs already done...else why would he be tweeting about what the stadium 'definitely wont be like'?

So let's see what he proposes as the right way forward. More to the point, let's see the club come forward and clarify the matter.

It's all way too vague and thats why we have this reaction today.

OFC it wouldn't be suitable - he built it 17 years ago mate

BTW ever thought that if his stadium is going to be extremely innovative he won't be wanting to plaster architect plans of it all over the shop - only for someone else to effectively steal/copy many of his ideas?

I don't actually understand your mentality Dave, you swing from patience and give it time in some areas and 'now,now now' show me now attitude in others.

The man has designed some amazing buildings and complexes, won multiple awards for some of these, some of his designs have been heralded as amongst the best sporting arenas ever at the time they where built, but you don't like him because he doesn't show YOU pictures and he tweets too much.

He also designed the MEN arena in mancland and these other none sporting projects

• LA Clippers Corporate Headquarters
  • Kun Ming Towers
  • China Air Headquarters
  • Peterson Automotive Museum
  • DTS World Headquarters
  • Herald Square
  • One Chase Manhattan
  • Doha Towers
  • Santa Clara HERO Site
  • Shenbei Live! Entertainment District
  • Doha Al Jassim Hotel
  • Pelican Lakes
  • Pizzeria Mozza
  • The Garage
I am sure that this is the first time he has ever NOT released early planning for all those projects mate

Is there any information on how the club/council will finance the new stadium? Sorry if it has been ask before.

Probably best in the main stadium thread, but my take on it is that a major commercial property investment house will provide the bulk via the council guarantee, in return for a stable rent/mortgage arrangement, with the club taking full ownership when that is paid off.

Like every major development really.

Build stadium with temporary seating/setup for 1-2 seasons. Rip out seats put in track host CWG. When games are finished put in permanent seating and wonder at New Goodison in it's final form.

Be grand lads.

This, however the bedwetters won't let a little dose of reality or optimism ruin their opportunity to make their sheets yellow. Again.

I'm more of a let's see what happens type of lad, but I don't see an issue with some blues raising their concerns. When it was first announced that the council were going to be involved some lads pointed out about the commonwealth games being mentioned, and us maybe having a running track and using our stadium to appease the council, they were told to behave, as if we would accommodate the council going for the Commonwealth games etc, well (whether temporary or not) it's now on the agenda.

Seriously though what kind of athletics games doesn't have the field events in the same stadium as the track events?!

It's weird.

Seriously though what kind of athletics games doesn't have the field events in the same stadium as the track events?!

It's weird.

A cobbled together pie in the sky one.

Like you say, almost, its Track and Field. Then lob in some stuff in Manchester, (who had them not that long ago), versus Birmingham who have all the stuff ready to go, it would make literally no sense for Liverpool/Manchester/surrounding area to get them, when the ground to host the track events is currently a dock.

Especially when we/they are only now involved cos the original host city ballsed it right up in the first place.

It's weird.
Yes, it seems odd to me as well. I suspect that much of the present discussion is fueled on fume of information rather than a full petrol tank of it.

A cobbled together pie in the sky one.

Like you say, almost, its Track and Field. Then lob in some stuff in Manchester, (who had them not that long ago), versus Birmingham who have all the stuff ready to go, it would make literally no sense for Liverpool/Manchester/surrounding area to get them, when the ground to host the track events is currently a dock.

Especially when we/they are only now involved cos the original host city ballsed it right up in the first place.

Birmingham is grim like. So that goes in Liverpool's favour.

Birmingham is grim like. So that goes in Liverpool's favour.

When London, or any other place, gets the Olympic games nod, they get 12 years, (I think), to build the sites, do infrastructure and stuff.

Ok, the CWG is smaller scale, but 5 years, or 4 if you believe Joe that after our first season a magic athletics track will appear at the new ground?

Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back