Media relishing Everton’s demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
everton have been i decline for the last 30 years for one reason or another,
the truth is they arent really bothered if we go down or not,
everton are only in the prem to make the numbers up and it will be chip papers 24 hours after it/if happens.
then they will get on with talking about ronaldo,the rs,ten haag pep etc.

This is the climax of a very good comedy.

Crying that the media isn't shedding a tear for us would make great reading. This is the place to be for every oppo fan.
Mate I don't want any sympathy from the media - we have landed ourselves in deep doodoo. However, I shouldn't feel the need to mute the commentary as I did in the derby - not for the first time. The PL and the media ignores the rotten history of the rs....for some reason. No idea why we are such scapegoats for them

Dont know why folk get bent out of shape. In any world, Everton being relegated is a massive story. Jounos are paid to write stories, get clicks.

Lob in the money spent, the meandering words of the owner, the stadium question mark, even me, an ex parcel delivery bloke could shift a few columns for a rag.

I don't feel the media have it in for Everton particularly.

It's obviously a big story us maybe going down, just as it was when Man United and Spurs went down not that long ago.

Dont know why folk get bent out of shape. In any world, Everton being relegated is a massive story. Jounos are paid to write stories, get clicks.

Lob in the money spent, the meandering words of the owner, the stadium question mark, even me, an ex parcel delivery bloke could shift a few columns for a rag.

I don’t mind the media reporting the facts as they should but it’s more the tone of the articles that I have read.

You can report the facts without having enjoyment in the fact that a great footballing institution is in the cusp of relegation for the first time in a generation.

Perhaps once we are relegated they can say we are no longer a big club ?

Aston Villa got relegated recently I don’t recall articles almost celebrating it

I think it's a mixture of lots of things: us being a circus, being the biggest club in decades to go down, and the media being full of kopites.

I did find some of the hostility from the media after the derby to be quite unusual though. Especially that hatchet job in the Guardian by Jonathan Liew. I can't remember any team to attract such vitriol for playing defensively before. Dozens of clubs have been playing like that for decades and not a peep before lol
As an aside, I know I'm being bitter now, but that Sachin Nakrani from the Guardian is a massive bell. If an Evertonian journalist carried on like that about us I'd cringe more than anything else.

as neville southall said they all want us to

except us, we have to stay up and have the last laugh

100% Matty.

6 game unbeaten run needed, 4 wins, 2 draws, pipe everyone down and let Frank rebuild.

A siege mentality is needed by the players and the management team. Make no mistake, the fans will give everything to will the team on as long as they show the effort and will to win that will be needed.

Tyler and Carragher were unbearable in the derby - a disgrace to their so called profession

tbf Br there's no way id call Carragher a professional at what he does. He's a rs knobhead so they have him on there not for his opinion, but for his massive bias to the rs which they know brings the coin in.

"WHERE DO YA WANT YA STATUE NOW DIVOK LAAAAA" with Tyler chuckling like a little 6 year old in the background.

Pair of knobheads who wouldn't know professionalism if it spat at them in the fade which Carragher is a professional at

Essentially our fans believe they are entitled to the success of others, maintain that we are a massive club yet have achieved next to nothing in decades. There will be 20 year old people in the UK who have grown up &don't know anything about us other than that we are also a club in Liverpool.

We have a culture still hanging on from the 80s that hasn't changed. It modernised slightly in the Moyes years but our story is stale. We have stagnated and not evolved.
It's not that other fans hate us, it's that we're not interesting anymore. What is the Everton story?

Essentially our fans believe they are entitled to the success of others, maintain that we are a massive club yet have achieved next to nothing in decades. There will be 20 year old people in the UK who have grown up &don't know anything about us other than that we are also a club in Liverpool.

We have a culture still hanging on from the 80s that hasn't changed. It modernised slightly in the Moyes years but our story is stale. We have stagnated and not evolved.
It's not that other fans hate us, it's that we're not interesting anymore. What is the Everton story?

That's a strange take? You'll have to introduce me to all of these fans who believe we are entitled to the success of others because in 38 years of supporting Everton and going home and away, I can't say I've met one yet.

That's a strange take? You'll have to introduce me to all of these fans who believe we are entitled to the success of others because in 38 years of supporting Eveterton and going hoke and away, I can't say I've met one yet.
Another low value poster mate - sniff sniff. Best to ignore these rs muppets - when they read their horrible history from 1892 to 1985 to robbing their own fans, to attacking away fans and team buses, then let them lecture us on our heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.