Transfer Rumour Memphis Depay

Would Memphis be a good signing for Everton?

• Yes

Votes: 508 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 206 25.9%
  • Scouse Pay on Toast

Votes: 81 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiziro

Player Valuation: £25m
ON.

This is from a Dutch talk show aired this morning, De Tafel van Kees, where Ronald Koeman was invited:

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/koeman-bevestigt-dat-hij-memphis-naar-everton-wil-halen.htm?channel=phone

"I would love to have him at Everton. I think he is an interesting player with individual qualities that is dangerous and scores goals - all he needs is to play more games."

Later when asked if he would sign him in the January window - "Yes."

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Thoughts? Imho I think he'd be a very good signing for us if Koeman managed to get the best out of him and get his confidence back because he is undoubtedly a very, very good player when on form. It'd be foolish too not to include an option to buy in the loan.

If Koeman wanted him and thinks he can get the best out of him, I'mm all for it.

I have no doubt he has the talent, but like @ianefc I question his aptitude more than anything.

I just hope it wouldn't spell the end for Del.

So highly regarded when he was in Holland, but a number of players have struggled in the step up to the premiership from there. United won the 'race' with the RS to sign him, I'm sure there is a talented player in there somewhere, but his attitude above all else seems to be holding the lad back.

He's at the same stage of development as Deulofeu. Both have shown glimpsed but perhaps not enough real quality. Do we risk players who need to prove something by being given a run of games or players who already have the quality?

If Koeman wanted him and thinks he can get the best out of him, I'mm all for it.

I have no doubt he has the talent, but like @ianefc I question his aptitude more than anything.

I just hope it wouldn't spell the end for Del.
I think it'd be the end for Mirallas and Deulofeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back