Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hello all. Had a one day round trip to Liverpool today. Dad's death certificates arrived so me and my brother went to his bank to sort out payment of funeral expenses , take a copy of the death certificate in and provide our ID. That went very smoothly. Prior to that we had arranged to pick up his will from the solicitors who had been looking after it. Probate needs the original document. Solicitor said he would leave it with receptionist who would take a copy of our ID and the death certificate.
Arrived there to find no will, receptionist refused to disturb solicitor who was with a client and didn't know how long he would be. Maybe an hour. Possibly longer. We explained he knew we were coming, he knew we had another appointment and he knew I had driven 150 odd miles to be there. So she disturbed him. He came out. I'm sorry I can't find it. It isn't in the file. It might still be in the archives. I'll have to check on Monday. If it isn't there, I'll get my trainee to go through all the files on Tuesday in case it has been misfiled.
He did agree that if he found it he would send it to the Probate Office. Brother and I went to Tesco for a much needed coffee. Had no sooner sat down than the receptionist called. Solicitor had found the will - on his desk! All's well that ends well but nothing is ever straightforward.
Incidentally I think the solicitor may have been having dress down Friday - he was wearing jeans and a red and orange tie dye T shirt with a sun embroidered on it! Not your usual solicitor attire.

Hello all. Had a one day round trip to Liverpool today. Dad's death certificates arrived so me and my brother went to his bank to sort out payment of funeral expenses , take a copy of the death certificate in and provide our ID. That went very smoothly. Prior to that we had arranged to pick up his will from the solicitors who had been looking after it. Probate needs the original document. Solicitor said he would leave it with receptionist who would take a copy of our ID and the death certificate.
Arrived there to find no will, receptionist refused to disturb solicitor who was with a client and didn't know how long he would be. Maybe an hour. Possibly longer. We explained he knew we were coming, he knew we had another appointment and he knew I had driven 150 odd miles to be there. So she disturbed him. He came out. I'm sorry I can't find it. It isn't in the file. It might still be in the archives. I'll have to check on Monday. If it isn't there, I'll get my trainee to go through all the files on Tuesday in case it has been misfiled.
He did agree that if he found it he would send it to the Probate Office. Brother and I went to Tesco for a much needed coffee. Had no sooner sat down than the receptionist called. Solicitor had found the will - on his desk! All's well that ends well but nothing is ever straightforward.
Incidentally I think the solicitor may have been having dress down Friday - he was wearing jeans and a red and orange tie dye T shirt with a sun embroidered on it! Not your usual solicitor attire.
Sadly that sounds oar for the course Anj.
Hopefully the solicitor isn't named as an executor and you and your brother can sort this yourselves ( and Dave a lot of money and hassles) . If you need any help give me a call

Most likely.

Looking forward to the "how will you improve the customer experience?" tripe.

"Being on time?".

Lost count of the number of elderly, infirm, disabled folk I delivered to, and would always offer to unwrap/stow away their delivery.

One fella, double amputee (legs), it became a running (sic) joke. "Normal cupboard Stan?". "Nah, lob it on the top shelf Mark".

Used to have dog treats in my pocket, and again, the regulars would tell me that when the doorbell rang, (It was always at a similar time), the dog would prick their ears up, and bound out to get their treat. There was one elderly lady, who was tiny, who had a massive Alsation. She took deliveries for her daughter, several a week. The dog got used to me, and the treats, and one day I bumped into her, and the dog at Sainsburys. The dog was straight into my coat pocket! Luckily I had a few treats left.

Thats my take on customer service. Maybe times have changed. Hope not.
Your going the extra mile is what keeps customers coming back when it is easy to switch supplier.

Tesco know the cupboards that my elderly aunt wants her stuff put away in and course she would never move away from them. In a busy world the human touch means a lot.

Sadly that sounds oar for the course Anj.
Hopefully the solicitor isn't named as an executor and you and your brother can sort this yourselves ( and Dave a lot of money and hassles) . If you need any help give me a call
Thanks for the offer. No, he isn't an executor. I think we've got it sorted - mostly because of Dad who has left such detailed information about everything, we just have to follow his instructions!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back