Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Really sorry to hear that Fred. I mentioned that one of my mates had lung cancer and he’s been back in the hospital all this week. I met up with his wife and she said that the consultant told her his right lung was done, finished. My mate wants to come home, but he really has trouble moving (I had to pick him up, push him into the bedroom and put him into the bed the night before he went back to hospital) and tbh his wife would not be able to cope, but she knows she can always call me. I hope they insist on keeping him in until he’s well enough to come out as I really think his wife would suffer with the daily trauma. I’ve said it before, but it’s a bugger getting old…..

Unfortunately tonight, his wife had just got back from hospital and came over to the pub in tears. He had been fine all day but when she got back home the hospital phoned to say he was going down hill fast. I’d been drinking so I arranged a car to take her back to the hospital but unfortunately he died just before she got there. She phoned to tell me the sad news. She’s coping but in bits. I’m gutted tbh, I always try to make a joke or look at the positive side of life but he was a fabulous friend, with an amazing mind and full of life. I’ll catch up with her tomorrow when I can because of my wife, and then no doubt help with all the stuff associated with dealing with this. I’ve told the manager of our pub to go to any lengths and cost to ensure that she is looked after when she comes in and to deliver a wake worthy of a great man…..

Unfortunately tonight, his wife had just got back from hospital and came over to the pub in tears. He had been fine all day but when she got back home the hospital phoned to say he was going down hill fast. I’d been drinking so I arranged a car to take her back to the hospital but unfortunately he died just before she got there. She phoned to tell me the sad news. She’s coping but in bits. I’m gutted tbh, I always try to make a joke or look at the positive side of life but he was a fabulous friend, with an amazing mind and full of life. I’ll catch up with her tomorrow when I can because of my wife, and then no doubt help with all the stuff associated with dealing with this. I’ve told the manager of our pub to go to any lengths and cost to ensure that she is looked after when she comes in and to deliver a wake worthy of a great man…..
I’m so sorry Pete but I hope you can look on the positive side, “a fabulous friend, an amazing mind, full of life” . You were blessed to know each other, remember the good times always.

Oh mate. I don't know what to say. It's just one thing after another

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back