Michael Ball on free transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back in the day Henry Winter got a bit carried away about the lad, comparing him to a young Maldini. Sadly his injuries when he joined Rangers meant he never really fulfilled that potential and he hasn't looked as good since coming back to England.

HES GASH.

File in the folder marked Utter Gash.

Current people in the folder :

Hunt, Barton, Pennant, Owen, Distin, Hangleland.

:lol:
Whats the chances that Moyes dips into your Gash Floder and signs at least one of them??!!
Is there an order of gashness?

Our squad is far too small at the minute, he's a free player with a load of experience & who still has a bit about him & if he has strong feelings towards the club he'll probably settle for a place as squad filler until he gets his chance. I'd take him back, no question

He would be useful cover and has European expeirence with PSV. Also would go towards the homegrown quota for Europe wouldn't he?

He should, since he is a product of our youthacademy and english.

But we have a lot of english players in our squad so that shouldn't be a problem... Jags, Baines, Lescott, Neville, Hibbert, Osman, Vaughan, Rodwell & Gosling. All potential in a starting lineup, add to them any potential new youngster coming up through the ranks.

He would be useful cover and has European expeirence with PSV. Also would go towards the homegrown quota for Europe wouldn't he?

The thing about that rule is that the penalty is not being able to name a full 25 man squad if you don't have enough home grown players. Given we have about 19 first team players, that's not the biggest threat in the world.

His injury record isnt too good though is it?

Plus his euro experience amounts to 11 games for PSV

Waste of time,unless big mick needs company again in the treatment room now VDM gone

His injury record isnt too good though is it?

Plus his euro experience amounts to 11 games for PSV

Waste of time,unless big mick needs company again in the treatment room now VDM gone

With his injury record , should fit in well then:(
But useful cover surely for Baines, and would allow Lescott to remain at centre half if Baines were to get injured. It's a difficult 1 but on a free & we need no's I reckon I would take him.:unsure::unsure:

Michael Ball

Released from Man City so we could pick him up on a free.

Useful enough signing to boost the numbers. Opinions?

Stephen Hunt, Nigel Reo-Coker, Michael Ball?

We need players that improve the squad!!!

Dear leader... see thread --- Profile: Michael Ball on free transfer? ( 1 2 3):D:D(y)

I would do a link but technology has got the better of me:lol:

:lol:

I did search for "Ball" and it wasn't on the first page and in my defence, I was out the country when that thread was made (y)

Thread merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back