Michael Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it any coincidence that man ure signed howard in the summer they toured america?

didnt hurt the brand to have plenty of exposure in the american market by having a US international in the eleven.

is bradley a carsley type midfielder? a cahill type midfielder? or one of the many other types of middle man?

with the greatest respect to the dutch league, dirk kuyt was made to look capable of walking on water in that league, so much so that moyes showed interest in signing him.

dodged a bullet there.

Not Carsley or Cahill. On the US team he's a holding midflielder but he has a partner. He still needs work on his tackling but obviously a better goal scorer than Carsley. Would guess he could bang in a few goals of Arteta set pieces. I don't think he could go in and be a starter right away, it will prob take him a 1/2 to a full season to get used to the prem.

I'm still not sure how he scores so many goals in the Dutch league. He doesn't go forward that much on the US team. I wish I could catch some Heeveereen matches to see why he's playing so well there.

Dempsey could start on the right wing for us. Plus he could play in the Cahill role in the 4-4-1-1 when Cahill is injured. I'd pay 4M for him. But I still don't see Fulham going down, McBride and Bullard are back.

On the US-Mex match he didn't play with his normal partner (Feilhaber), Ricardo Clark wasn't very good so bradley had a bit of trouble.

I've just been told that he's about to enter the last 12 months of his current contract , so it'd be the summer of 09 when he'd be available on a free, or in December / January he can sign a pre contract with any club.

I thought the Clark/Bradley experiement (basically using two defensive midfielders) in the Mexico match went horribly wrong. I saw the reason behind it but it just didn't work.

I see Rico Clark play every weekend and I don't doubt his quality. Nor do I doubt Bradley's quality. But between them, in the Mexico match, with really no attacking midfielder to take the pressure off, they just kept having to face wave after wave of Mexican attacks, especially in the 2nd half. To start the 2nd half, I thought Bob Bradley needed to bring in an attacking midfielder to for either Clark or Bradley and let Clark or Bradley, whoever stayed on, play in behind the att. midfielder.

There was no one in front of them that had any opportunity to hold the ball up and relieve the pressure that they were constantly facing.

I think Bradley would fit very well into Everton's system as a defensive midfielder and yes, I think he'd score a bit more over time than Carsley has but he would, in my opinion, take a bit of time to acclimate to the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.