Michael Johnson

• Thread starter Thread starter Sabbo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally, (maybe realistically) I'd have him and Loric Cana. Bag em both for under about 15mill together then scatter the rest, let Moyesy do his wonders with a few cheeky cheap buys for untapped talant.

And Milner also for about 5mill and Fernandes on another loan.

Or...Am I thinking too small?
Not in my book all four would be quality signings with Cana the absolute star. Then get a few Bosmans and some lower league signings and we're looking good.

i would defo have him!

we do seem to be buying alot of players that we released as kids though latley!

The good news is the players we are being coneected with are some quality players. I would love three that we have been assiociate with to be on our books by the middle of the summer. Johnson would be a peach of a steal. We prob would fit him in right away whereas the [Poor language removed] would platoon him. I'm loving this turmoil at City we need to act fast and tie up MIlner & Johnson with a loan for Manny we would be going places.(y)

Fernandes and Johnson in the middle would be excellent. I'd be really excited if that was the midfield partnership next season. Two good footballers, strong lads and seem to have the styles that would suit each other.

It'd be a big step up from the likes of Carsley and Neville.

I like johnson lots and lots of potential but 8m is far to much. Wouldnt mind us to go for Dunne I know there is not much Space in the back but i think he is one of the best centre halfs in the game.

Ive liked what i have seen of Johnson but i would prefer Ramsey and Fernades permently if i am honest. I wouldnt mind picking up Sturridge at city either and Richard Dunne is available at a good value five million too.

Defensive midfielder is a priority though.

The good news is the players we are being coneected with are some quality players. I would love three that we have been assiociate with to be on our books by the middle of the summer. Johnson would be a peach of a steal. We prob would fit him in right away whereas the [Poor language removed] would platoon him. I'm loving this turmoil at City we need to act fast and tie up MIlner & Johnson with a loan for Manny we would be going places.(y)

Top post, agree 100%. Of all the speculation, if i could select the ones that come true, it would be Johnson, Milner and prefferably Lorik Cana, but manny on a season long loan might be a bit more realistic

Michael Johnson (born 24 February 1988 in Manchester) is a professional footballer with Manchester City and has made appearances at an international level with the England national under-19 football team.

Johnson signed for Manchester City in 2004. Prior to signing for Manchester City, Johnson was a schoolboy at Everton.[1], and supported Leeds United as a youth.[1] He was part of the Manchester City youth team which reached the 2006 FA Youth Cup final. On 21 October 2006 he made his Premiership debut in the 4-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic at the JJB Stadium. His second start came in a 2-0 win over Middlesbrough in March 2007, the start of a run of seven consecutive first team appearances, which was ended by a hamstring injury which ruled him out of a match against Aston Villa on 28 April.[2]

He has represented England at under-19 level.[3] In an interview, Joey Barton praises Johnson and says he will 'flourish'.

On July 18 reports suggested that Manchester City F.C. had opened talks of a new contract to keep the player at the club amidst speculation linking him with a move to Liverpool F.C.[4]
He scored his first goal for City in the 1-0 win over Derby County on 15 August 2007 at the City of Manchester Stadium.
He scored his second goal for City in the 1-0 home win against
Aston Villa on 16th September 2007 by playing a one-two with teammate Elano to run through the Villa defence and score a neat finish in the bottom corner.

As well as being compared to Manchester City legend Colin Bell, Johnson's energetic, lung-busting runs and all-round midfield ability have drawn comparions to current England midfielder Steven Gerrard.

Johnson Spent the latter part of December 2007 out with an abominal injury, he would eventually return on the 29th of February 2008, playing the full 90 minutes in city's goal-less home draw with Wigan Athletic. Manchester City manager Sven-Göran Eriksson would praise Johnsons return on city's offcial website.

On May 8 reports suggested that Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal are after the £12m rated Johnson. Arsene Wenger has stated that he would be the perfect replacement for the departing Mathieu Flamini and he fits in with Wengers philosophy of buying young players and training them up in his style. Liverpool have been monitering Johnson for some time but are thought to have made Gareth Barry their number 1 target. Johnson is stalling on a new contract despite only earning £12,000 a week due to the treatment of manager Sven-Göran Eriksson.

Wiki Source.

F.F.S i didnt know he was released from our youth team, its costing us a fortune signing players back whove made it that have been released! Whats the deal youd expect to get it wrong onceor twice but its happening a little two regurarly really isnt it.

I know some of it was Wally's regime and some Moyes but with the club not really having billions to throw around they should really be more carefull.

Shopping list

Here's how i think moyes' shopping list should look
In:
Joaquin (10m) very attacking
Arshavin (12m) can play striker/supporting role
Michael Johnson (8m) keep some posession in the mid!!
Bradley (4m) holding mid
Gera (free) squad player, great 60th min sub
Keeper on free, maybe an old 'star' out of contract, purely back-up

Out:
Andy Johnson (15m) i like the guy and think he is worthy of a place, but if the hammers come in with 15, it would be too good to turn down.

Total spent:£19million

Any comments???

In:
Bradley (4m) holding mid

Out:
Andy Johnson (15m) i like the guy and think he is worthy of a place, but if the hammers come in with 15, it would be too good to turn down.

Any comments???

I just bought some new shin-pads today.

In:
Bradley (4m) holding mid

Out:

Any comments???

1, we wont get anywhere near 15m for AJ, 10m is absolute tops we'll get and im :blink: at that TBH.

2, your list is far to attacking, we need some Def Mid and a CM, M, Johnson is an AM as are all the others in your list (even bradley gets in the box).

I wouldn't call Johnson attacking or defensive. He's a mixture of both. A energetic box to box midfielder. This type of midfielder for me is needed. We have attacking midfielders like Cahill and Osman whereas someone like Johnson is more of an all rounder.

We also need a holding midfielder. Someone who's defensive minded like Carsley but decent on the ball. Thats probably priority at the moment.

For me though we also need a cultured centre midfielder. A play maker so to speak like Fernandes or to a lesser extent Huddlestone. Someone who can get hold of the ball in the middle of the park and spray passes about. Someone who can also find a killer pass and is a match winner. I think Fernandes fits the bill but if there are other options then please mention them. He links defense to attack, has the passing range to bring people into the game and he has the ability to be a match winner.

I would like to see 2-3 centre midfielders brought in. Its a position we've been week in for years and this summer we should completely freshen it up. Wide players are important but players like Fernandes and Osman are perfectly capable of playing wide if needed.

Would be a great player to have, hate to to compare him to him but reminds me of Gerrard which would be awsome for us. Given the 6 plus 5 on the horizon would prefer to sign him this season than Joaquin or Bradley (although they would be great too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back