2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
completely different this season. Play with confidence and power. Last season he was like shaken child. Good to see him in such good form. Though high pressure game is little bit risky with him.

Southgate said he’s impressed with his form and that he is playing for a team that play a similar style to England where defenders take more responsibility and are expected to be comfortable on the ball

I'm delighted Keane has been called up to the England squad, I've always defended him and said that he'd be one of our top performers if he had someone with some pace beside him, last season he had Jags or Williams beside him and he was asked to do the job of a faster defender which he couldn't, you can go with one slow CB but not 2.

Lewis Dunk also made the team. Laporte can’t get in the French side so it says more about the dearth of too English centrebacks than it does Keane’s ability. That said, he’s a lot better this season and it’s another good thing for the club that we’ve effectively rehabilitated Zouma Digne Keane back into their international sides and made Richarlison into a full Brazil international. Other players will see that and it will come into reckoning if they’re weighing up Everton v clubs like West Ham or Watford in the future.
Just need Bernard back in the Brazilian squad and Gomes in Portugal's for a full house. ;)

I was also going to say Walcott but Southgate seems to favour youth and he has a lot of outstanding young players coming through in Theo's position. It's hard to argue that he's wrong and, given Walcotts age, I'm quite happy that he's out of the International scene. Be nice if he was playing well enough to be mentioned though as he was earlier in the season.

Just need Bernard back in the Brazilian squad and Gomes in Portugal's for a full house. ;)

I was also going to say Walcott but Southgate seems to favour youth and he has a lot of outstanding young players coming through in Theo's position. It's hard to argue that he's wrong and, given Walcotts age, I'm quite happy that he's out of the International scene. Be nice if he was playing well enough to be mentioned though as he was earlier in the season.
Gomes is back in the Portuguese squad

Lewis Dunk also made the team. Laporte can’t get in the French side so it says more about the dearth of too English centrebacks than it does Keane’s ability. That said, he’s a lot better this season and it’s another good thing for the club that we’ve effectively rehabilitated Zouma Digne Keane back into their international sides and made Richarlison into a full Brazil international. Other players will see that and it will come into reckoning if they’re weighing up Everton v clubs like West Ham or Watford in the future.
Dunk was crap against us no question about it but prior to that he'd kept 3 clean sheets in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back