2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our failure in recruitment hasn't just been buying rubbish its also been not being able to shift average players out for cash to reinvest.

No one can tell me the likes of Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs etc couldn't offload a Michael Keane or Mason Holgate to a bottom half/newly promoted type club for say £15-20 million.

We are awful at player trading these days which is what we were great at under Moyes.
That’s not true at all; about 3 times we made a decent profit on “squad players”; a lot of players were just released.

….i have to admit it was really good when he smashed the ball into Delph from 3 yards away.

I blame Delph.

look maybe he’s only decent in a deep lying defence but while a too defender shouldn’t make mistakes especially ones that lead to a goal I dont think he’s actually been that bad.

last season he was probably top 5 or 6 players in our squad but granted that may be because he’s better suited when we’re more pragmatic.

Mina also scares me to death, watch his run out like a headless chicken at times and leave loads of space.

I actually think a new central defender to play with Godfrey is the best way to go.

Never ever forget we bought him off the back of playing in front of a burnley midfield camped in front of him.
He is what he is. More disapointed in the 2nd leeds goal as a get his head on things into the box is one of his better qualities.
Real concern how slow he is if someone gets a run on him.

Wasn’t great for both Leeds goals again. Think Godfrey could come back in to the side once he’s got again. Much more solid and faster thank keane.

He suited Ancelotti’s tactics, a low line with no space behind in which to turn him. Playing in that system he is a decent backs to the wall defender. If, however, he is asked to push up a little bit and think about his positioning in order to compensate for his lack of pace and sluggishness on the turn, he falls to pieces.

I don’t think he will be suited to Benitez’ system, but, I think we are stuck with him, because I don’t see anybody else being willing to pay him the wages we do.

Sell before the window closes...

….you really do need to understand he’s very likely to be here for at least another 2 seasons. He’s on a mega bucks, mega long contract & we know we can’t shift players in that situation.

If you accept that it will save you a lot of angst. Just imagine the joy you’ll feel when he does eventually leave.

….you really do need to understand he’s very likely to be here for at least another 2 seasons. He’s on a mega bucks, mega long contract & we know we can’t shift players in that situation.

If you accept that it will save you a lot of angst. Just imagine the joy you’ll feel when he does eventually leave.

I'll be done in by then.

Sell before the window closes...
Believe it or not by saying this im not actually sticking up for Keane as such but i relly cant see us selling him, for one his value isnt that high and we dont have the numbers who can play that spot, Mina, Keane, Godfrey and Holgate, its 2 from 4, be risky to go 2 from 3 with one being Holgate.

Believe it or not by saying this im not actually sticking up for Keane as such but i relly cant see us selling him, for one his value isnt that high and we dont have the numbers who can play that spot, Mina, Keane, Godfrey and Holgate, its 2 from 4, be risky to go 2 from 3 with one being Holgate.
Branthwaite...

Have you finally come around to Keane not being very good?

Status
Not open for further replies.