2024/25 Michael Keane

I've seen people defend Keane last 2 games saying "he wasn't our worst defender".

The issue is that his mere presence changes the way others play. Even at bottom of the barrel level football, I've played with players who are far worse than me and I've had to work twice as hard to compensate, but mostly I've played with players far better than me get frustrated when I can't do what they expect, ans that's just random blokes hiring a 5g pitch for a game of casual footie. Tarks now has to work twice as hard with him next to him and because of that is more likely to make mistakes himself.
Can all the people on here saying "Keane wasn't our worst defender in the last two games" please read this response...twice...🙏

There was a point last week when we were down to 10 men when he galloped into Brighton’s half to contest a ball that he was never going to win, duly lost the challenge and left us facing a 4 v 3 Brighton attack. There are countless examples of him having brain farts in every game he plays. He must be an absolute nightmare to play alongside and a joy to play against.

Your sporadic reminder of Michael Keane headlines;
IMG_1731.png

I’d love to know what Southgate said to him.
And, perhaps even more jaw dropping;

IMG_1733.jpeg

This was when Messi was still at Barcelona. The training sessions would have been a sight to behold.

When you ask again and again why Michael Keane is in the team and you are told PL experience then you look at the facts we concede more with him in the team. Then people say oh but he was OK even if he is he gives those around him kittens because he's tactically indisciplined and has a chronic lack of mobility. Plus he makes one mistake and his gormless head goes to pieces.

Also we have a new CB we just paid 16m for what is Dyche waiting for???!??!??!?!?!? He threw away five games on Keane last season and he's doing it again. Utter insanity. I would be selling Keane not starting him!

I will reserve all judgement on Dyche this season until he has Branthwaite back in the side, but he has to get this affinity for Keane out of his system. He is not a Premier League player.
Why didn't he learn the first time he took him out for Mina when forced and our results improved???? Or last season when we lost five games?? Michael Keane is not good enough. I would rather play one of the kids.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.