2024/25 Michael Keane

I've seen people defend Keane last 2 games saying "he wasn't our worst defender".

The issue is that his mere presence changes the way others play. Even at bottom of the barrel level football, I've played with players who are far worse than me and I've had to work twice as hard to compensate, but mostly I've played with players far better than me get frustrated when I can't do what they expect, ans that's just random blokes hiring a 5g pitch for a game of casual footie. Tarks now has to work twice as hard with him next to him and because of that is more likely to make mistakes himself.
This, with bells on.

Close the thread.

C’mon, we didn’t lose because of Keane. He is a symbol of what we have become.

I could probably post this in the Dyche thread. We have crap players, a manager none of us would choose and a transfer window that makes Ipswich look like Barcelona, compared to us.

It’s our owner and his mate Bill, that took us here, not Keane. Hate him all you want, all we can do is support him, it isn’t his fault.
He starts we lose.

He is just so pathetically poor, makes others work twice as hard.

Under normal circumstances, a £30m centre half with a decade of Premier League experience would command a lot of interest entering the final year of his contract.

Even more so if it was obvious that he's no longer first choice at his club and they'd almost certainly welcome offers.

Not even a sniff of interest. We can't give him away.

I think he'll end up in the Championship next summer.

I've seen people defend Keane last 2 games saying "he wasn't our worst defender".

The issue is that his mere presence changes the way others play. Even at bottom of the barrel level football, I've played with players who are far worse than me and I've had to work twice as hard to compensate, but mostly I've played with players far better than me get frustrated when I can't do what they expect, ans that's just random blokes hiring a 5g pitch for a game of casual footie. Tarks now has to work twice as hard with him next to him and because of that is more likely to make mistakes himself.
Along side Tarks got to be slowest paced pairing in the league. Both like steam trains takes three quarters of the pitch to get any momentum of pace. Hence why we sit deep.

I don't want the guy starting, but this is nonsense. Gana isn't giving the ball away because Keane is in the side, we don't have wingers and centerbacks(!) making 60 yard runs through the middle of the pitch because Keane is playing, Pickford taking a bad touch isn't because Keane is in there...

O'Brien should be playing as that's why he was brought here, that's the only reasoning needed.

Everyone playing poorly isn't Keane's fault or responsiblity, it's the manager's.

Along side Tarks got to be slowest paced pairing in the league. Both like steam trains takes three quarters of the pitch to get any momentum of pace. Hence why we sit deep.

We weren't even sitting deep against Spurs however, the ball was constantly played over the top as we were in a mid block and there was zero pressure from the midfield.

Under normal circumstances, a £30m centre half with a decade of Premier League experience would command a lot of interest entering the final year of his contract.

Even more so if it was obvious that he's no longer first choice at his club and they'd almost certainly welcome offers.

Not even a sniff of interest. We can't give him away.

I think he'll end up in the Championship next summer.
He'll end up back at Burnley. Inevitable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back