2024/25 Michael Keane

Think you’ve missed my point but whatever - the post was highlighting how far this club, who’ve had captains like Labone, ratcliffe, Kevin Campbell to name just 3 has fallen having the likes of Keane a captain.

Dont care if he played ok on the night, I’m going off 5 years of performances from him ffs.

A mentality monster like Keane is a good choice for skipper, brilliant.

How about McNeil or even Harrison as captain?

Or the grandad of Ashley Young perhaps, even though he’s as finished as Keane is? Much more experienced isn’t he?

They all kind of highlight the same point though, how far our standards and club have fallen.
I havent missed your point at all. No one has said hes been great for 5 years. He had a decent game last night yet your obvious hatred of him has led to you this thread to find a reason to hammer him anyway. The captaincy issue is just a bs reason to single him out for stick which, for a change, isnt warranted. You list great Everton captains there yet no one in that team last night is fit to lace their boots. So by that logic anyone of those players being made captain could be deemed unworthy so the fact that it was keane is irrelevant.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back