2024/25 Michael Keane

Think you’ve missed my point but whatever - the post was highlighting how far this club, who’ve had captains like Labone, ratcliffe, Kevin Campbell to name just 3 has fallen having the likes of Keane a captain.

Dont care if he played ok on the night, I’m going off 5 years of performances from him ffs.

A mentality monster like Keane is a good choice for skipper, brilliant.

How about McNeil or even Harrison as captain?

Or the grandad of Ashley Young perhaps, even though he’s as finished as Keane is? Much more experienced isn’t he?

They all kind of highlight the same point though, how far our standards and club have fallen.
I havent missed your point at all. No one has said hes been great for 5 years. He had a decent game last night yet your obvious hatred of him has led to you this thread to find a reason to hammer him anyway. The captaincy issue is just a bs reason to single him out for stick which, for a change, isnt warranted. You list great Everton captains there yet no one in that team last night is fit to lace their boots. So by that logic anyone of those players being made captain could be deemed unworthy so the fact that it was keane is irrelevant.

Again no one has said that but thats the sort of childish logic you get on here.
No, people are saying he's doing fine (he isn't) and that he's a scapegoat (he's not, he just TERRIBLE).

Again, this was the Southampton 2nd/3rd team and he was okay at best. That does not excuse him from the last ~40 games in which he actively cost us points (yes, I know he scored 1 goal against Tottenham that one time, that doesn't excuse the previous ~80 conceded because of him).

No, people are saying he's doing fine (he isn't) and that he's a scapegoat (he's not, he just TERRIBLE).

Again, this was the Southampton 2nd/3rd team and he was okay at best. That does not excuse him from the last ~40 games in which he actively cost us points (yes, I know he scored 1 goal against Tottenham that one time, that doesn't excuse the previous ~80 conceded because of him).
No. People have said he played well enough last night. No more no less.

Nobody’s scapegoating him - someone literally just posted that he was at fault for the goal last night even though he was nothing to do with it because we conceded a goal and he was part of the defence…

People posting that it’s because of him we’ve conceded so many goals compared to last season and then at the same time going into the Gana/Irogbunham threads saying that we don’t have the balance in midfield right and we’re to open in there and they’re not protecting the defence. Plenty in the Myko, Young threads saying our fullbacks are mince but oh no, it’s all Michael Keane in this thread.

Ultimately, he’s limited isn’t Branthwaite but the reason we’re conceding so many isn’t all him, there are significant differences with the team structure compared to last season. Tarks carrying an injury, balance in midfield not right, fullbacks have been carrying knocks, changing every week. It’s just a disjointed start to the season. Keane plays a part but that’s it.

Why do posters like you have to try and spin the argument and put words in peoples mouths? Where did I say I am happy for Michael Keane to captain Everton? He had a solid game yet you choose to single him out for abuse regardless I just think thats odd. Who should have captained a side of newbies and kids then?
You realise that this is the Michael Keane thread, right? Who should he be talking about in here? Lindstrom?

All of you that are for some reason trying to praise him for not booting one in his own net last night are going to get your comeuppance on Saturday.
Amazing init, any game micky Keane doesn't self destruct and give goals away he's had a good game.

He had a propa bang standard game. Nothing good, nothing bad, the absolute bare minimum you should expect from a premier league player

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back