2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t he got a serious foot injury where it’s really infected?

Yes apparently was a very serious one, similar to James Vaughans. It happened in the Sunderland game back in September and still hadnt healed two weeks ago.

Maybe thats what is affecting him mentally.

What is it will us and wierd injuries?

I was concerned about his mental fragility most particularly right after the Arsenal game.

Even allowing for the dreadful performance and result, he looked shell-shocked to me in the Sky interview afterwards.

Not in the sense that he was appalled by the result, though you would expect that, but actually visibly shaken to the extent you would expect from someone who had just witnessed an RTA or something similar.

Something was clearly not right, and playing in this side at present can hardly be good for someone so low on confidence.

Now now, seen Williams and Jags put in way worse performances.
I know what you're saying, and you're right that they've sometimes looked worse. I kind of agree with the poster though that some of his actual defending is as bad as it gets. Williams and Jagielka are struggling because they know what they're trying to do, but their aging bodies won't necessarily do it any longer. That obviously affects your positioning and timing etc as you can't do what you always used to do. With Keane though, I've seen him do some really, really awful things defensively, like let people glide right past him as if he's not there, duck under goalbound shots, turn his back on the ball and/or man, run under long balls which then sail over his head etc.

I honestly can't remember ever being so shocked at the level of performances from a new signing. I didn't think Keane would be amazing, but I thought he'd be a solid, reliable centre half. The reality has been so different, he's been an absolute car crash this season, to the point that i'm honestly terrified when I see his name on the teamsheet.

We need to be very careful in regard to what we allow Fat Sam to do. We need to limit the damage he can do to Everton to one season without buying workhorses who follow his doctrine of defence who can't be moved on next year.

er....so far he's bought a striker and a winger/striker.

I know what you're saying, and you're right that they've sometimes looked worse. I kind of agree with the poster though that some of his actual defending is as bad as it gets. Williams and Jagielka are struggling because they know what they're trying to do, but their aging bodies won't necessarily do it any longer. That obviously affects your positioning and timing etc as you can't do what you always used to do. With Keane though, I've seen him do some really, really awful things defensively, like let people glide right past him as if he's not there, duck under goalbound shots, turn his back on the ball and/or man, run under long balls which then sail over his head etc.

I honestly can't remember ever being so shocked at the level of performances from a new signing. I didn't think Keane would be amazing, but I thought he'd be a solid, reliable centre half. The reality has been so different, he's been an absolute car crash this season, to the point that i'm honestly terrified when I see his name on the teamsheet.

Maybe so but I thought start of the season (well, early EL rounds and pre-season) he looked solid and dependable, same for England. I'd like to see him in a settled back line.

WRD saying club is 'really concerned over Keane and mental problems'.

This season is just an all round disaster.
Still doesn’t stop the same old degenerates from sticking the boot right in. I thought this place was supposed to be accepting of mental illness. Not if you’ve cost millions of pounds in transfer fees and wages, we aren’t. Just pull yourself together and cheer up Mike ffs!!! Earn your dough ffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back