Michu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith's managed 4 in less apps mate.

Nah not for me michu. Mainly because of the price he would cost.

We all seem to presume a berbatov/michu type is perfect for bobs style yet if you look at his history he's never used this type of player. He always uses a big guy up top and a midfield playmaker No.10.

Martinez does not have a favourite type of player or favourite formation.

The main reason Laudrup got into trouble and finally got the sack is that Michu has been injured (and not up to full fitness when he isn't) this season.
As there are no guarantees this won't still continue to be the case I'd say no. Considering the size of the teams who were looking for him last summer priced around £25M, if they were suddenly to bundle him out the door for £15M or less it's probably a sign that they don't expect him to be fit for any length of time.
We've picked up too many injuries this season (some unpreventable of course) but buying more in shouldn't be an option.

If it's less than £8million I would go for it. He can score goals in this league and can play more than one role. If we are ever to be more than also rans we've got to take a calculated risk. Lukaku will cost more than double that which is too risky. Also I cant imagine Michu's wages being too exuberant!

Why would they let him go for that if they ever thought he'd be injury free in the future?

I think he's a good player but the price they will be asking for - circa 15 million - will not be worth it for someone his age.

Not for me, we need a consistent 20+ Goals per season striker and I don't think he is it. That's not to say he isn't a good player.

This always makes me laugh when I read it! Look at the players in the last 5 seasons to have scored more than 20 goals in a season:

2012/13

RVP
Suarez
Bale

2011/12

Aguero
Rooney
RVP

2010/11

Tevez
Berbatov

2009/10

Drogba
Rooney
Bent
Tevez
Lampard

2008/09

NONE!

So from that list, only Rooney, Tevez and Van Persie have been a "consistent 20+ goals per season striker" and look how much they went for!

Wouldn't pay anymore than £7m for him personally. I think there's a real risk he's a one season wonder.

My thoughts entirely. He had one good season in Spain (and a lot of really ordinary ones), and a good start with Swansea, before being ordinary again this season. He could be a Spanish version of Jelavic.

Even last season, when he scored a fair amount of goals, most of them came in the first half of the season, when he was an unknown quantity. He also played fairly deep, making it more difficult for defenders to pick him up, but teams eventually found him out. He wasn't anywhere near as effective in the 2nd half of last season.

In my opinion, he's not even a one season wonder, he's a half season wonder, just like Jelavic and Cisse.

Status
Not open for further replies.