Mick Lyons:70 today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Wow!!!,suddenly I feel old!!,there may well have been greater players but his commitment to our cause back in the fitful days of the 1970's early 1980's was unparalleled in my humble opinion,Happy Birthday Mick!!

Wow!!!,suddenly I feel old!!,there may well have been greater players but his commitment to our cause back in the fitful days of the 1970's early 1980's was unparalleled in my humble opinion,Happy Birthday Mick!!

Iconic player for me.
Spot on the pair of you. All heart and commitment was Mick ?

A tough lad with a ready smile. A great Evertonian who, like Darra, gave 100% in every game. One of my earliest memories seeing him play was in a midweek reserve game at Goodison. I think it must have been circa 1971, and I was on the terraces of the Enclosure. Stood near me were 3 or 4 lads (skins - Crombie overcoats etc) and they were obviously some of Mick's mates, shouting stuff to him & making references to Crocky (I think Mick was a De La Salle alumni) - both supportive and taking the piss, very funny & probably more entertaining than the game. Last seen at Latch's book signing evening at the Liner a few years ago. Happy Birthday Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.