Mikel Arteta (coach)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo hes not worth 90k week.

If we're wedged up now rather see us go out and buy better

I'm fine with us going out and buying better, but they won't come cheap either. I just think our side is need of stuff that Fellaini offers, height, aerial prowess, the option of changing our style of play when it is needed.

Good player for Everton, awesome at Arsenal but now will be under pep guardian of learning the trade, sounds good to me!

Mikel-Arteta-now-of-Arsen-007.jpg

That whole last minute transfer on deadline day still rankles with some? Cue the last minute transfer request which resurrected the deal and got it over the line. Any more Jim Whiteisms? It's not like we hadn't seen it before with Rooney and after with Fellaini himself is it? We needed the cash at the time, Arteta was keen to go but not pushing for the transfer, and was happy to stay. In the end the money on offer for a player hitting 30 was too good to turn down. Some people will be telling us long after Kenwright leaves that he was "right for Everton". Looking at how much he got for his shares he did alright out of Everton, not right by them.

I guess Fellaini could be a like for like replacement for Lukaku.

By that, I mean we need a whinging Belgian's agent gobbing off to the press after every defeat about needing to play in the CL...

Is wanted by pep and pochettino as their backroom staff, must be highly rated for a future role in the backroom team. Shouldnt we get in there as well.

He's cut all links with the club.

If you asked him in 5 years time he'll describe himself as a former Arsenal player.

Additionally. I'm of the view that if we are in for Jose we let him decide who he wants whilst keeping some coaches on board that are pure Everton in terms of their desire to be associated with Everton.

Ironic given the hero worship he had here.

Versus this

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/27/arsenal-fans-refuse-to-wish-mikel-arteta-a-happy-birthday-4680186/

If you asked him in 5 years time he'll describe himself as a former Arsenal player.

Additionally. I'm of the view that if we are in for Jose we let him decide who he wants whilst keeping some coaches on board that are pure Everton in terms of their desire to be associated with Everton.

Versus this

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/27/arsenal-fans-refuse-to-wish-mikel-arteta-a-happy-birthday-4680186/
shush Damo, he has more talent in his big toe that you'll ever have.

Versus this

Wonder why he cut all ties with us

That whole last minute transfer on deadline day still rankles with some? Cue the last minute transfer request which resurrected the deal and got it over the line. Any more Jim Whiteisms? It's not like we hadn't seen it before with Rooney and after with Fellaini himself is it? We needed the cash at the time, Arteta was keen to go but not pushing for the transfer, and was happy to stay. In the end the money on offer for a player hitting 30 was too good to turn down. Some people will be telling us long after Kenwright leaves that he was "right for Everton". Looking at how much he got for his shares he did alright out of Everton, not right by them.

I guess Fellaini could be a like for like replacement for Lukaku.

By that, I mean we need a whinging Belgian's agent gobbing off to the press after every defeat about needing to play in the CL...

People forget that the Fellani-Arteta midfield partnership was terrible. Arteta had a couple decent matches before being sold but that's when Fellani was injured or sat for the match. When both platooned Fellani would dominate possession in the midfield while Arteta was running around looking for something to do. Gibson knew how to play without the ball and we played as a team much better with Gibson-Fellani in the midfield.

We sold him at the right time. He was in obvious decline and also wasn't very good at Arsenal where he only sprayed around Joe Allen like east-west passes and looked out of his depth in the Champions league.

Admittedly after we sold Fellani, he might have done alright partnered in Bob's system with McCarthy but better than Barry that year, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back