Mikel Arteta (coach)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people I would consider for coaching roles at Everton are:

Joe Royle, David Unsworth, Tim Cahill, Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman, David Weir, Alan Stubbs, Alan Irvine, Kevin Sheedy, Gary Neville, Duncan Ferguson, Mike Phelan, Brian Kidd and Ray Wilkins.

Just off the top of my head of course, I would swerve Arteta the little snide, people comparing it to Rooney need to understand he received abuse for years beforehand, Arteta just acting a tit for no apparent reason - there is a small difference.

Just off the top of my head of course, I would swerve Arteta the little snide, people comparing it to Rooney need to understand he received abuse for years beforehand, Arteta just acting a tit for no apparent reason - there is a small difference.

Exactly

Prior to that Quarter Final he'd always got a good reception

You don't expect any favours from ex-players, but you also don't expect that level of tittishness either

I may be well behind the times, but I've just read that he's been released by Arsenal. Without wanting to sound (too) bitter, I wonder if he'll be remembered by Arsenal fans with the same affection as he would've had from Everton fans if he'd stayed?

Also without wanting to hijack the thread, so not mentioning the names, but there's some big names on this years list of released players.

He broke my heart when he left, he was my favourite player.

He's dead to me now the little Spanish tit.
That's actually very close to the way I see it too.....apart that he wasnt my favorite player and it didnt break my heart. He was / is a despisable little man with [Poor language removed] hair who is also a tit....
Hope the little turncoat goes bald !!

He can drive the coach but that is it for me. Absolutely loved him while he was here and was genuinely surprised how he dropped us. Not in terms of the transfer itself. I was gutted but there was stuff on both sides I think there, he was past his best and sort of deserved his crack in the champions league imo.
But after the reception he got his snidey attitude was a shock. It is easy to give one's best for your new team without being a snide to your old one and its fans ( even current mega prat lukaku knows that for goodness sake!)
Snidey Mikel chose another path.....

The only people I would consider for coaching roles at Everton are:

Joe Royle, David Unsworth, Tim Cahill, Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman, David Weir, Alan Stubbs, Alan Irvine, Kevin Sheedy, Gary Neville, Duncan Ferguson, Mike Phelan, Brian Kidd and Ray Wilkins.

No thank you to those in bold.

I may be well behind the times, but I've just read that he's been released by Arsenal. Without wanting to sound (too) bitter, I wonder if he'll be remembered by Arsenal fans with the same affection as he would've had from Everton fans if he'd stayed?

Also without wanting to hijack the thread, so not mentioning the names, but there's some big names on this years list of released players.

Did he want to leave us though? Seemed like we encouraged him to go because we urgently needed £10M at the last minute to pay back a loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back