MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top footballers don't always make good pundits.
Same goes for coaching.

I'd prefer to listen to someone who has a better insight on the game and isn't afraid of upsetting a few 'personalities' and 'bigger clubs' and calling it like it is.

It's still football, regardless of the standard and we've all played it at some time.

I'll be damned if the opinion of your average fan doesn't count for more than the likes of Dean Windass.

I do totally get where you're coming from. But even Dean Windass has played at a really high level.

It does mean that they know more than us. Whether we agree with them is another thing.

But if we all agreed with what these people say then it'd be dead dead boring surely?

About actually playing football at this level of course he does.

Surely that's obvious isn't it?
On this particular matter of knowing what it's like to play at top level then obviously yes, but not necessarily on understanding the game, tactics etc which is what I thought this was about.

I do totally get where you're coming from. But even Dean Windass has played at a really high level.

It does mean that they know more than us. Whether we agree with them is another thing.

But if we all agreed with what these people say then it'd be dead dead boring surely?
I actually think dean windass was a decent player, but he played at a higher level than arsene wenger, he has more insight than wenger in terms of what it is like to play in big games, but unless the skill set to analyse is there in the first place, that experience doesn't really count for much

On this particular matter of knowing what it's like to play at top level then obviously yes, but not necessarily on understanding the game, tactics etc which is what I thought this was about.

You'd think player who had actually played games, scored goals and stuff, would know more than us about tactics and understanding the game wouldn't you?

Or am I a fool for thinking that?

It'd be a worry if we understood Martinez' tactics better than Ross Barkley surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back