Moutinho - all talk in here please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's easy. He's the player's agent. He knows Everton are keen on the kid.

So he's promoting a deal that will benefit him.

Probably he proposed the kid to Everton. The kid might have said he was keen.

But I don't believe the boy said "It's Everton or nothing". Probably he said something like "interesting, see what you can do"...

But that may not be enough to make the deal go through.

That's all I wanted to know really, thanks.

Is anyone else after Moutinho? I was expecting more people to be after him after his performances in the Euros. It's been very quiet hasn't it?

That's all I wanted to know really, thanks.

Is anyone else after Moutinho? I was expecting more people to be after him after his performances in the Euros. It's been very quiet hasn't it?

Well, depends on a number of things. Chelsea would be interested if Lampard went off.

Fiorentina were after but weren't keen on the price.

Arsenal...well, I really don't know where they stand. But with Fabregas they're unlikely to move for Moutinho. Maybe Veloso will be more appealing to them, but the price still is a huge barrier.

United were linked, but I guess it was just because they've done a couple of buys from Sporting. Their most consistent interest was shown in Veloso.

Barcelona were curious about him, but they have a lot of similar players.

Well, depends on a number of things. Chelsea would be interested if Lampard went off.

Fiorentina were after but weren't keen on the price.

Arsenal...well, I really don't know where they stand. But with Fabregas they're unlikely to move for Moutinho. Maybe Veloso will be more appealing to them, but the price still is a huge barrier.

United were linked, but I guess it was just because they've done a couple of buys from Sporting. Their most consistent interest was shown in Veloso.

Barcelona were curious about him, but they have a lot of similar players.

That's what I was thinking to be honest. I thought they where going to buy his as Scholes replacement but they opted for Anderson. Arsenal wouldn't need him and Barcelona and Chelsea have ruled him out.

If he where to leave in a swap deal with any of Evertons players who would you swap him for? Which Everton player would you like to see at Sporting?

no doubt a lot of top teams are interested in him. this would make it such a coup if he came to the blues.

That's what I was thinking to be honest. I thought they where going to buy his as Scholes replacement but they opted for Anderson. Arsenal wouldn't need him and Barcelona and Chelsea have ruled him out.

If he where to leave in a swap deal with any of Evertons players who would you swap him for? Which Everton player would you like to see at Sporting?

neville, hibbert, johnson (y)

Honestly, maybe the goalie. :D

Arteta would fit and so would Yakubu.

I can't see any other fitting into Sporting's.

If see Moyes in the street could you tell him there's a great greek playing for the local red [Poor language removed] (aka benfica) who is a hell of a player. He's a center midfield who can defend very well (has played a number of matches at center back, which is a crime but the guy is so good that he can play anywhere) and can score regularly. His name, Katsouranis.

And he wants to leave.

I can't see any other fitting into Sporting's.

are you talking about the style of play?

i can't believe that yobo, lescott, cahill or pienaar would not improve sproting.

they are a champions league side, but they came third in their group last year so they need an injection of quality to try to qualify to the knock out stages?

Pienaar, Osman, Fernandes and Arteta would all do well in Portugal. Lescott, Yobo and Baines would aswell. Yakubu definatly would and Van der Meyde. Howard would aswell.

Other than that no one. Cahill wouldn't be good in Portugal, he's not technical enough and would just be an average player over there. He's probably be converted into an out and out striker.

are you talking about the style of play?

i can't believe that yobo, lescott, cahill or pienaar would not improve sproting.

they are a champions league side, but they came third in their group last year so they need an injection of quality to try to qualify to the knock out stages?

Have you watched those games?

Sporting played has equals to every opponent. Were lucky at Kiev, though.

But at Old Trafford we were one nil up and the ref disallowed a clean second goal. At home against Roma, you'd cry for a month if you saw Everton conceding an own goal headed from the edge of the box in the last breath of the match.

I concede I'd have doubts about the center backs in terms of style of play. But we have Polga who was in World Cup winning squad of Brazil.

Yobo and Lescott are good tall players. But here many teams play without a classic striker. The game is more about positioning and agility and not so about physical ability.

Believe me, Cahill wouldn't fit and Pienaar is not better than what we have right now.

Have you watched those games?

Sporting played has equals to every opponent. Were lucky at Kiev, though.

But at Old Trafford we were one nil up and the ref disallowed a clean second goal. At home against Roma, you'd cry for a month if you saw Everton conceding an own goal headed from the edge of the box in the last breath of the match.

I concede I'd have doubts about the center backs in terms of style of play. But we have Polga who was in World Cup winning squad of Brazil.

Yobo and Lescott are good tall players. But here many teams play without a classic striker. The game is more about positioning and agility and not so about physical ability.

Believe me, Cahill wouldn't fit and Pienaar is not better than what we have right now.

Arteta would run the League though. There aren't many better midfielders than him in Portugal.

Lescott would be excellent in any League. He's big, strong, quick and is good on the ball. Potentially a superb centre half for me.

Arteta would run the League though. There aren't many better midfielders than him in Portugal.

Lescott would be excellent in any League. He's big, strong, quick and is good on the ball. Potentially a superb centre half for me.

We have Moutinho. :P :D

About Lescott I've seen him I think against Croatia and he didn't excell but then again, that day no one did. I haven't watched him "in loco" and a center back is best analysed when he's seen at the stadium.

Last edited:
this might have been covered, but who from the sporting team would improve everton in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back