Moutinho - all talk in here please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please please please come to us.......................I'm on bended knee. we need you.

I think the Neville wrap up will let us move toward new faces. Get the house tidied up then bring the new faces around for a new year ahead.(y)

Rather have Lucho Gonzalez or Miguel Veloso - we need a Carsley replacement before we worry about upgrading our options going forward!...

Take it you haven't read the other Moutinho thread then. Sotnas, who supports Sporting has pointed out several instances where Moutinho has played the DM role with great skill.

And manxstar, if you haven't heard of Moutinho, you need to get out more!!!!

Class, no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he'd be a great player for us, just hope we don't spend our whole budget on 1 player no matter who that is when we need at least 5 decent quality players with resale value to bolster the squad, then when we improve over the next couple of years we can sell them for at least what we pay for them or more.

The way Spurs stockpile players is going a bit far but when they buy a young English player they always seem to make a profit when they come to sell them so i think thats the way we need to go if we are to move forward with a decent size squad. I would love us to be able to do an Arsenal and pick up some of the worlds best youngsters but i don't think DM has the connections in europe yet so i'd stick with what we know which for now is the british market

Take it you haven't read the other Moutinho thread then. Sotnas, who supports Sporting has pointed out several instances where Moutinho has played the DM role with great skill.

And manxstar, if you haven't heard of Moutinho, you need to get out more!!!!

I just don't follow Portugese football....:huh:
I mean, if he was that good, he would've been already snapped up by one of the G14 clubs.

he is 'that good'.

he was captain for a champions league side (sporting lisbon) at just 20 and he played this summer for portugal in euro 2008 in midfield at just 21.

Class, no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he'd be a great player for us, just hope we don't spend our whole budget on 1 player no matter who that is when we need at least 5 decent quality players with resale value to bolster the squad, then when we improve over the next couple of years we can sell them for at least what we pay for them or more.

The way Spurs stockpile players is going a bit far but when they buy a young English player they always seem to make a profit when they come to sell them so i think thats the way we need to go if we are to move forward with a decent size squad. I would love us to be able to do an Arsenal and pick up some of the worlds best youngsters but i don't think DM has the connections in europe yet so i'd stick with what we know which for now is the british market

I agree, as we've got one of smallest squads in the PL we need several decent quality players, rather than throwing all our eggs in one basket with one player who has yet to prove himself in our league.

I just don't follow Portugese football....:huh:
I mean, if he was that good, he would've been already snapped up by one of the G14 clubs.

Aren't Sporting one of the 18 old G14 clubs? You really should broaden your horizons a bit, there is a wealth of talent out there, and Moutinho is worth the quoted price, regardless whether you have heard of him or not.

Aren't Sporting one of the 18 old G14 clubs? You really should broaden your horizons a bit, there is a wealth of talent out there, and Moutinho is worth the quoted price, regardless whether you have heard of him or not.

Porto is. Sporting is not.

I remember a couple of years ago that possibility, but it never went through.

Come on guys, Moutinho is a very good player but he is no Maradona. Let's chill out a bit.

By the way, someone has mentioned Lucho as a replacement for Carsley...think again, the guy is a box to box, not an anchor man.

Moutinho can play the role in a diamond formation and surley in a classic 4-4-2.

He really is very good. But I still don't believe he will leave for now. Specially after todays news from different papers which reflect inacurate info.

A Bola talks about an intention to offer 23M euros, and Record says the offer has been made and it was only 15M euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back