Moving Company - Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddy mudguard

Player Valuation: £6m
Ok, so here's the deal and I'm not really sure how to react - thought I'd throw it open to the GOT folks as no doubt there will be some interesting responses:

So - 5months ago I moved house. I was in the process of getting quotes and arranging for folks to come by my house to figure out how much it's all going to cost. I spoke to a number of companies and arranged for them all to come to the house to provide estimates. One company arranged to be there at 7pm. I got a call at 6:50pm - telling me they were going to be late (7:40pm was the new time) I told them that I had plans that evening so couldn't make it. They offered me the next morning at 7:30am - I asked if they would be able to keep that appointment as they hadn't made the last one and I have to be at work in the morning, the guy on the phone tells me he's the owner of the company and doesn't now want my business as I had the audacity to question him. I basically say "kiss my a$$" and the phone call ends.
I'm pretty incensed at this point and (totally my own fault) decided to prank him, calling him back and speaking french, he's trying to find someone that speaks french and I hang up - childish I know, but he'd caught me on a bad day and lord knows why I did it, but I did!
Anyhow, fast forward 5 months and the guy sends an email to my CEO with recorded calls, the bad review I left on them and alleging I was drunk.

Thoughts?

Should I respond again, post the copy of the emails, I did reach out by phone on Friday evening, but they didn't answer, then I get a text saying "Not your lucky day?"...

Hmmm - decisions decisions...

They definitely don't look like hard cases...however, this is Texas, where even the non-threatening mofos carry... I was thinking that with the excessive amount of travel I do, I have the Mrs and little one at home...prob best to leave it, but I'm bloody mad!:rant:

They definitely don't look like hard cases...however, this is Texas, where even the non-threatening mofos carry... I was thinking that with the excessive amount of travel I do, I have the Mrs and little one at home...prob best to leave it, but I'm bloody mad!:rant:
Wow. Texas.
Lad, take that one on the chin.

I was thinking some white van man from Birkenhead.

Ok, so here's the deal and I'm not really sure how to react - thought I'd throw it open to the GOT folks as no doubt there will be some interesting responses:

So - 5months ago I moved house. I was in the process of getting quotes and arranging for folks to come by my house to figure out how much it's all going to cost. I spoke to a number of companies and arranged for them all to come to the house to provide estimates. One company arranged to be there at 7pm. I got a call at 6:50pm - telling me they were going to be late (7:40pm was the new time) I told them that I had plans that evening so couldn't make it. They offered me the next morning at 7:30am - I asked if they would be able to keep that appointment as they hadn't made the last one and I have to be at work in the morning, the guy on the phone tells me he's the owner of the company and doesn't now want my business as I had the audacity to question him. I basically say "kiss my a$$" and the phone call ends.
I'm pretty incensed at this point and (totally my own fault) decided to prank him, calling him back and speaking french, he's trying to find someone that speaks french and I hang up - childish I know, but he'd caught me on a bad day and lord knows why I did it, but I did!
Anyhow, fast forward 5 months and the guy sends an email to my CEO with recorded calls, the bad review I left on them and alleging I was drunk.

Thoughts?

Should I respond again, post the copy of the emails, I did reach out by phone on Friday evening, but they didn't answer, then I get a text saying "Not your lucky day?"...

Hmmm - decisions decisions...
What's this got to do with your CEO and your work?

Why is your CEO going to be bothered at some useless knob from a moving company emailing him recordings? Surely the fella has plenty enough to mind running a company.

Alleging you were drunk... Do you live in a dry county? Why would your boss be arsed about you popcorning some other Texan?

What's this got to do with your CEO and your work?

Why is your CEO going to be bothered at some useless knob from a moving company emailing him recordings? Surely the fella has plenty enough to mind running a company.

Alleging you were drunk... Do you live in a dry county? Why would your boss be arsed about you popcorning some other Texan?

My boss wasn't bothered in the slightest...

It's taking it a bit too far though - contacting my boss...I have no idea what he was hoping to achieve by that.

My dilemma is that I have ALL the copies of the emails, text messages etc.... I was thinking about posting them all in a review to show people what they're like if you have a disagreement with them! Not sure I'll follow through with it...

My boss wasn't bothered in the slightest...

It's taking it a bit too far though - contacting my boss...I have no idea what he was hoping to achieve by that.

My dilemma is that I have ALL the copies of the emails, text messages etc.... I was thinking about posting them all in a review to show people what they're like if you have a disagreement with them! Not sure I'll follow through with it...
I think if he has gone to the trouble to get recordings and send them in an email to your boss then you might be dealing with somebody who has more than a little time on his hands for petty disputes.

Escalating it further at this point will just bring back his attention on to you and this fella seems a little out of touch (read mental). Just continue to bad mouth the company to everyone you meet.

I think if he has gone to the trouble to get recordings and send them in an email to your boss then you might be dealing with somebody who has more than a little time on his hands for petty disputes.

Escalating it further at this point will just bring back his attention on to you and this fella seems a little out of touch (read mental). Just continue to bad mouth the company to everyone you meet.
I agree mate sounds like he has dodged the bullet by not employing this looney tune as by the look of it he wouldnt want to have some sort of financial arrangement with him.
My advice would be get a copy of the film "Wrong Turn" sit down and watch it then decide to let the thing go.

Fake IP time - Pepper their reviews page - set up social media lambasting them - waste their time all over the place.

They got it coming.

So has he put in writing that you was drunk ?
Deformation of Character & Libelous Accusation... I'd Call Saul or something and have him send him a letter saying that you are suing him but willing to accept an out of court settlement for the distress that he has caused you of at least $1 Million.

Oh, and I'd go on the sick for a bit as well to make it more authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back