Moyes and the M-factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dushku

Player Valuation: £1m
If , Moyes was at another club and we'd just lost our manager and Moyes was being interviewed for the job, today - Do you think he'd get the job, with his current managerial tactics ad blooding of young talent ?

When Moyes came to us,the majority of us knew little to nothing about him, except he'd done 'well' at Preston and Sir Alex Ferguson rated him quite highly - then again, he's rated his previous centre half and goalkeeping choices just as highly.

The laundry list of gripes is growing with Moyes rather than receding. The stubborn 4-5-1 formation, the late substitutions, the apparent favouritism of certain players to always start matches ahead of 'in form' players, the zig-zag none penetrative movement of players. His habit of scouting players on loan, then immediately benching or playing them out of the position they were originally scouted for.

Yesterday against Stoke, was all time low for most fans. Down to a laboured and stagnant Stoke after 15 minutes with no viable reply. We failed all over the park to play simple school boy football. From defending corners with all 11 men in the box and when we did break, poor Seamus was alone with 5 (FIVE ) Stoke defenders on his tail and not a single Everton player busting a gut to join the attack.

If Moyes was at say Wigan, and we'd just lost our manager, would we be clambering to sign him up ? yet, pundits and fans the city over say he is the best of the rest and he's done so well at our club with such financial constraints, imagine what he'd do at a club with money ?!!! etc.. But, he's not and as some one rightly pointed out on a phone -in, even Robin van Perse wouldn't score with the service he'd get, or lack of, at Everton.

In Moyes we Trust ? But for how long..and who would fill his shoes ? Some thing at Everton has got to give sooner or later and the longer this goes on , the longer we the fans are going tog et more and more frustrated and start to lose what little faith we have in the Moyseiah :unsure:

M is stack/blinds.

Dunno how that factors in with MoyLeZ but at the moment I'm a tad disappointed with the Mighty Ebeps. Where's Qatari billionaires when you need them? I'd get that Jose character that manages that Spanish club.

i dont get the scare mongering that happens here if we were to lose Moyes for 1 reason or another...

he was not the name on everyones lips over 10 yrs ago yet look how he turned it around for us . it s just things have gone stale we have become predictable and if the only way forward is to aimlessly pump balls into the opposition box from ridiculous angles then it is no wonder we struggle as we do.....

as to your question he might as any new manager that would come in will freshen up the place with new ideas

I hear the same gripes all the time regarding 4-4-2. With who? I like the look of Vellios, and none of us have seen enough of Straqualursi to make our minds up. However, whatever their qualities, neither of them is particularly quick or mobile. When we've got the ball, they aren't likely to turn quickly and get behind a defence. Nor are they going to be able to 'run the channels.' When we don't have the ball, they aren't likely to be able to play the high tempo pressing game we've used in the past with the likes of AJ, or even Beckford or Vaughan.

In previous years, I would have said that one of them up front with Saha would be ideal. However, once again this weekend has proven that we can't rely on Saha's fitness. Even when he is fit, he isn't capable of the same tempo he once was, and certainly not for long periods in a game. He doesn't strike fear into defenders the way he used to. Probably not even John Terry. Regardless of his current form, we were right to sell Yakubu. He had lost interest at Everton, just as Portsmouth and Middlesbrough fans had warned would happen.

So really, at present, the only forward type player who is going to chase and give defenders a hard time through the middle is Cahill. Coleman and Drenthe have done it out wide but they need to hold their positions a lot of the time so as not to leave our fullbacks exposed. In a sense, we are already playing 4-4-2. It just happens that one of the 2 isn't an out and out striker. It's a shame that he's gone so long without a goal. Not just for our results, but he busts a gut every time he puts on the Blue shirt. Or Amber, or Glacier Marl.

I really hope there is money available in January for a striker. However, pace plus goalscoring costs serious money so a loan is probably our best bet on that front. We also need a creative midfield player, and Pienaars and Artetas on the cheap don't come around very often. I want what Bill wants - a new billionaire owner for the club. However, I also agree that it must be the right one.

It's frustrating to watch at the moment, not just for fans. David Moyes has a team held together with spit and sawdust, and he is without the options to change it. I would love Donovan and Defoe on loan, and a cheeky approaching-the-end-of-his-contract bid for AJ

I hear the same gripes all the time regarding 4-4-2. With who?

If we get the right players on loan, we could do it.

One interesting thing you brought up is Cahill. He's been looking bleh of late, but not sure if that's due to our formation, him, lack of movement from Saha or what.

He's trying to play behind Saha right now and playmake, and it's not working.

If we brought in Donovan or another 2nd striker with pace, you could potentially try Cahill at target forward for 60 minutes, then sub him out for Vellios to play the same role. Cahill's responsibility is to thread through balls to the streaking withdrawn forward, and operate well with the guy with pace. If Drenthe (or Pienaar) and Coleman are playing, then you get two more options with pace. Cahill with his experience is a better option than Vellios for now, though I'd still like to see Vellios get gametime (as a sub feels appropriate to me).

Right now trying to feed a laboring Bily, a laboring Hibbo, and Seamus - who gets inside the 18 only to send in a bad ball, or overdribble into oblivion, isn't working. But Drenthe showed some promise. If we get more like him, I'd be willing to still have Cahill in and see what that looks like. Only if another forward is operating with him though. He cannot be playmaker.

It just shows the sad state of affairs at our club that were having to play Cahill as our No. 10 playmaker.

Legend he is..... playmaker he certainly is not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back