Moyes' Five Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
The ginger one celebrates his five year anniversary this week. The last manager to do that was Howard mark one and before that Catterick.

We all have different view points on it and can be fickle at times. Myself included. A different way to look at it is, when he took over how what would you have realistically wanted us to be achieving at this point. With the resources we had and the squad he inherited I think he has done a decent job. We are at least challenging for a European place, it would be nice to be in the same position next year to avoid the rollercoaster pattern and to show some continuity.

The squad is much, much improved in terms of quality and age. We have potential now and some good, ball playing players throughout the starting 11. We still need additional players to have more of a squad (particularly if Europe is achieved). The improvement of the squad is apparent when you have a look at the players arriving and departing year on year. See this link:

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/...objectid=18745193&siteid=50061-name_page.html

We now have stability at the club and more important, optimism. Rather than the year on year shiteness served up, we now have aspirations for Europe or a Cup Run - ironically an area where Moyes has not delivered as we can't seem to get past two rounds of competition cup football, or even the first round in Europe.

Our training complex is near completion and we are currently looking at building a new stadium. Once again we have optimism (I dont want to get into the Kirkby/city boundary issue) and seem to be building foundations for the future.

Moyes is passionate about the club we love, he has had his ups and downs, but nice one Davie. I, for one, am pleased you are in charge of my club.

To return to a point I made at the start, in five years from now I would like to see us competing in the Champions League realistically and with a cup win or two under our belt.

Where would you live to see us in five years time, realistically though.

As you can tell, Im not much of an article writer but thats what I feel.

Nice one.

Last edited:
Thats very good article Chico, who wrote it for you:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its spot on mate(y) (y) (y) (y)

Hes got red hair and we don't care.

Seconded great article Chico lad. I don't always go for his game approach but i respect the heck out of him for slodifing our team and placing them were we are. We are just within a shout of greatness.(y)

that word gave me a headache until i figured it.

solidifying

great stuff chico, nice article, i am though a bit surprised that mr moyes has said it would be good for us to move to kirkby and for us to get bigger attendances, especially as there hasnt been the phantom 'vote' we were promised, i would have thought the club would be interested in honest opinions, not needing fans to be softened up by spoken possibilities from our current manager.

for me, it was a bit of a rollercoaster when walter was in charge, the highs and lows and the really lows of dodging relegation.

still, i do still laugh at the stories of archie kickin ass.

Great post Chico. I completely agree with everything you're saying there. Moyes is doing a great job. Whenever I doubt him I just think back to what it was like before, and shudder

Your right Chico Moyes has been a success, there seems to be more substance to us now, we are no longer the lightweight side that we were under Walter Smith, no fight no heart and no hope, we are now a stronger unit, more belief in ourselves, no more flirting with relegation but looking towards europe.

Moyes has done wonders for the club, hopefully he will be here in another 5 years, and by then i would like to think that he was able to solidify, ( see what i did there Rocky :P ) our standing in the prem, and that we are a regular top six side at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back