''Moyes Has Done A Terrific Job''

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Portsmouth Manager Harry Redknapp has hailed praise on Everton manager David Moyes and striker Yakubu, insisting Moyes has done a 'terrific job' and that Yakubu looks 'fantasic'

Talking prior to his teams all important Premiership encounter against Everton on Sunday, Redknapp also revealed his opinion that a defeat would probably mean no way back to catching Everton.

Redknapp: "This is an important game, obviously. If we lose, they (Everton) are probably too far away from us, and you can't see us pulling back nine points on them at this stage of the season.

"They have a chance of finishing fourth the way they are going but for us to even be talking about it is almost beyond belief when you think where we were not long ago.

"David Moyes has done a terrific job at Everton with his signings. They have a bit of everything, flair, strength and hard work.

"They are a big, big club and it is not as though they have exactly emerged from nowhere.

"I've always thought if we can get seventh place and maybe a UEFA Cup spot it would be fantastic but with Spurs winning the Carling Cup and one of the UEFA Cup places it looks like seventh is gone and it will be sixth at best. [imga=right]http://www.inthenews.co.uk/photo/harry-redknapp-$7731$180.jpg[/imga]

Redknapp also admitted that he tried to sign Yakubu prior his move to Everton;

"Everton are very strong, they are in great form. And Yakubu is on fire.

"He looks fantastic for them. People have criticised the Yak, but he has banged in 15 goals in about 24 games, and every year he guarantees you 20 goals."

"I said that Everton paid too much but I was just trying to get him cheaper. I felt he wanted out of Middlesbrough and felt there was a cat and mouse game going on, and that maybe he would end up around £8million.

"I was wrong and, in the end Everton did a deal, but he is a goalscorer and he will always score goals."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back